Default Looking for advice on a Cutout

Got a call for a cutout. Home owner thought the hive had built under a tin roof. After removing a sheet of tin I found that the bees were entering at the edge of the tin but then moving into the roof area. the house has a tin roof that was put on over an existing shingle roof. The roof area is located on the side of the house (think addition on the side of an existing building) with no access from the attic. Homeowner wanted to try to remove them by tearing out soffitt. Vinyl siding overlaying wood soffitt. I dont think that I will be able to remove them because of a lack of room to work. Also may not be able to reach the nest because of how far up in the attic it's located. The other factor is the temperature. It is hitting 100 degrees every day. We started the work this morning at 6:30 and by 9:00 it was to hot to breathe. Does anyone have any suggestions for this or have any of you ever had a cutout like this? By the way I think these are my bees that swarmed this spring. Gotta love em they are busy making money.

Default Re: Looking for advice on a Cutout

Do a trap-out instead. Then a rob-out.

I wouldn't let him know you think they might be yours.

Goodluck
    Push, Pull, or get Out of the Way

Default Re: Looking for advice on a Cutout

I agree I would much rather do a trap out than a cut out. Jim
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com