Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Betterbee

Default Re: Betterbee

I am interested in this, too.

I don't know about new management but a friend of mine confirmed his order for pick up on friday, to pick up sat. AM. drove in and all kinds of people milling around, one person had a portable pc, connected to bb's web site and said they were closed due to power failure. friend said gee Micky D's and the house next door had power, the server they were talking to had power, if they didn't have power would seem some one would show up and hand out the orders to people that had driven 2 and three hours to get there stuff. My friend canceled his order but was still out the gas and time, would seem they have lost a few more customers.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

I guess someone was trying to save on shipping? Maybe next time someone will consider the cost of shipping worth it, considering what one would spend if "the power is out."
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

I like it when you call in a order, they say yes you can pick it up. You show up and they only have a few of the things on your order and say you can pick the rest up next week. Will not happen again 4 hour oneway. Tony

This took place 3 years ago.

Coulda taken place 25 years ago. That was my experience then. One reason I stopped patronizing BB. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ya can't fool me. Or whatever Bush said.

Way back in March, I placed a very large frame and foundation order. Over 1000 frames and a few hundred pounds of foundation. Called Friday to order for Saturday pick-up. Everything went perfect.
    Last edited by Michael B; 08-12-2012 at 06:36 PM.

If you went to the Walter T Kelley dealer in Woodbury CT you could have shaved an hr off of the trip

Called last week for 24 cases of various jars, for pick up the following day. Saw a few new faces when I got there. Everyone was friendly and my order was waiting for me when I arrived.

I have heard that there have been some personell changes starting at the top. I hope this indicates a positive change in quality of service for BetterBee.

I have been buying my supplies from betterbee for 12 years and I am a very satisfied customer. My only complaint is that they are often out of of stock of wooden ware just when I need it, but I live close to them and can drop in anytime. Customer service is A+ in my experience, but my dealings have always been in person.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    If you went to the Walter T Kelley dealer in Woodbury CT you could have shaved an hr off of the trip
    Who is the dealer?
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I have heard that there have been some personell changes starting at the top.
    Justin is gone, and his mother has taken over.

I hope everything goes well for her. It is unforturnate for the business. I'm not angry, I've just moved on to other dealers that treat me well. The same thing happened many years ago when Sears & Roebuck was the only "game" in town, they treated customers pretty bad. I swore when competition came to town I would be gone. Competition came and I moved on. No one will look out for your satisfaction better then you will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Honey Girl's Boy View Post
    I hope everything goes well for her. It is unforturnate for the business. I'm not angry, I've just moved on to other dealers that treat me well. The same thing happened many years ago when Sears & Roebuck was the only "game" in town, they treated customers pretty bad. I swore when competition came to town I would be gone. Competition came and I moved on. No one will look out for your satisfaction better then you will.
    I shared the feeling that the business going to hell was very unfortunate; especially as I knew Bob Stevens reasonably well. And I also moved on. But based on the changes mentioned here decided to give them another try. This morning I called and after being on hold for 5 minutes and 45 seconds got a message saying 'please leave a message'. Based on this I'd say needed changes are a work in process; I will try again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234