Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betterbee

Hybrid View

Default Betterbee

May my experience serve as a warning to others. I'll make this as short as possible. A few weeks ago I spent $950 on frames at Betterbee and also got their pro uncapping fork. Got around to putting it away this week and noticed one of the prongs was shorter than the others. Called them up, explained what was wrong and that I'd like another one and sent it back (my expense) for an exchange. Got a call today telling me it was not defective, they would not ship another one without me paying for the shipping and that they would only refund my credit card less 10% restocking. They are so misguided. I explained if they did this they would lose a customer forever. They don't care, they don't care I just spent $950 a few weeks ago, or that last year bought 40 packages from them, they don't care that for $2.30 they have lost a customer forever.

Default Re: Beware of Betterbee

You are doing the right thing! Too many people these days act like some capon taking any insult or shoddy service. I will support your boycott by joining it.

Thank you!

One tine on a cappings fork was shorter than another? Really? By alot? Me thinks thou hath reacted overly much. As far as BB, yeah, we know. Been enuf Threads about them. Seems like they all aught to be combined into one. I hope this doesn't go on as long as other BB Complaints Threads.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

this is kind of a overkill to jump on betterbee for something this minor. there are bad companies along with bad customers. I'm sure they will not miss you.

Try calling again and ask for someone in mgmt. This is a busy time of year for BB if you explain your problem to someone who understands the dilemma you have along with how much of a vested customer you are they may take care of your problem for you. I may be talking to a wall here but it may be worth a try.

Jeremy, thanks for advice. You're right, I probably should call and speak to Justin directly but as I understand he doesn't take calls from customers now and there was more to the story but I didn't want to drag on.

This post was just to serve as a warning. Clearly they are able to weather beesource "posts of fury" about there company without making changes. I'm on a board of a bee club of 100+ members and I constantly hear our members grouse about Betterbee, this was for the new beekeepers to let them know there are better choices for their beekeeping supplies.

Started my BB boycott last year. Its odd they don't care more about customer service.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by beeware10 View Post
    this is kind of a overkill to jump on betterbee for something this minor. there are bad companies along with bad customers. I'm sure they will not miss you.
    I will support the boycott. There are lots of other great places to do business.

Wow, After reading this thread and the mention of other threads regarding service at betterbee I think I will make it a point to avoid that company in the future. HTK seems to be friendly and have some good deals. I'll stick with them.
    To find out more about me go to
    www.broomsbylittlejohn.com

Default Betterbee

I have never been that happy with Betterbee's service. Most recently I tried to order two stainless steel acorn nuts with metric threads for my extractor. They told me they don't carry the part. I asked for information on the manufacturer and they told me to go to a hardward store.

Default Re: Betterbee

Which is what I would have reecommended before recommending going to Betterbee. It should be a common item readily available w/out the cost of shipping.

What were you hoping for? That they would have sent them to you for free?

the postage would have cost more than the nuts. as I said before there are bad companies and bad customers. why bash them for something you should handle yourself.

A solution, information on precisely what size nut to order. Otherwise, going the hardware store requires taking the entire top assembly of the extractor as the bolts are permanently attached to the latter.

RP
    Recognizing deviance for what it is.

I too have experienced some frustration in my business dealing with Betterbee. No need to rehash my experiences because I have happily found a solution to this particular frustration. However, I deal with several different bee supply companies. I guess under normal conditions of how each company is run, different companies would produce different levels of service and experiences. My sincere questions for fellow keepers are;
    Has anyone received similar “frustrations” from any of the other bee supply companies?
    To answer my own question here- I would be hard pressed to find any kind of complaint about any of the other companies I deal with
    Not to defend anyone- are we just piling up on Betterbee? I’m just asking on this one because I as I said earlier, I have had similar problems with them.
    Does anyone have a theory on why there seem to be this level of disconcern by this particular company?

I had a bad experience with them too. I ordered labels 6 months ago anticipating needing them this summer. When I opened the box they were the wrong size, and I think it was Betterbee's error. Over the phone they were unsympathetic and inflexible about their 30 day return policy. Not a big deal but VERY poor customer service and a calalier attitude. I told them they had lost a long-time customer and they seemed to care less. I would not recommend doing business with them to anyone. There are plenty of companies out there that offer good service.

Default Betterbee

I hear that there is new management. Can anyone confirm? If so, how do they seem to be doing?

I am interested in this, too.

I don't know about new management but a friend of mine confirmed his order for pick up on friday, to pick up sat. AM. drove in and all kinds of people milling around, one person had a portable pc, connected to bb's web site and said they were closed due to power failure. friend said gee Micky D's and the house next door had power, the server they were talking to had power, if they didn't have power would seem some one would show up and hand out the orders to people that had driven 2 and three hours to get there stuff. My friend canceled his order but was still out the gas and time, would seem they have lost a few more customers.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

I guess someone was trying to save on shipping? Maybe next time someone will consider the cost of shipping worth it, considering what one would spend if "the power is out."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast