Thread: Nuc stand full

Default Nuc stand full

I made another 4 nucs up today and Shrek brought over two other nucs from his yard. We cut queen cells out of the orignal 5 nucs I made a few weeks ago. I done have one queen emerged in number 26 all others should be anyday now.

You all that mess with alot of nucs are these setting to close? Should I turn every other one around so the entrance is toward the barn wall? What about setting every other one on a block to raise it? I didn't know if there was a problem with them setting this close?

Default Re: Nuc stand full

Not a problem once they are queenright. You'll have drift of course, but drift happens anyway.

The only problem you'll have is the new queens returning and going to a wrong nuc, especially the two green ones with tan lids. Just pick up that spare concrete block and set it vertically on end on one of them. The rest are good to go.

as of today virgin queens in nuc 26 and 27

Bees recognize patterns as well or even better than colors, so with your different colors and blocks here and there and such, you also have large number tags on each one on the front. You should not have too many queens returning to the wrong nuc, but it does happen. Good job it looks great!