Default ?'s about old Bee publications from the 1970's

Hello all!

I am in my first year and am trying to read everything I can get my hands on! I recently came across a fabulous estate sale who was a retired beekeeper. They are publications starting in the early 1970's and goes to about the late 1980's. Australian Bee Journals, Australian Beekeeper, Bee Culture, American Bee Journal, The New Zealand Bee Keeper, The Speedy Bee, etc...

Would it be wise to wait until I am a little further along before reading these publications so not to confuse myself? Would the info be entirely outdated?

Your thoughts are appreciated!!

Default Re: ?'s about old Bee publications from the 1970's

I like reading all the old stuff (mostly the adds) but remember those were published before most of the pest that we deal with today
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I've read a lot of those older magazines from the sixties and seventies. I was amazed at how they seemed to have many of the same problems we hear about today, especially years when massive bee die off's occured. Interesting?

It's funny...after just leafing through a few, diseases are a big topic (mainly american foulbrood) as well as the importance of using less insecticides in America, queen rearing is featured frequently as well as keeping them alive over the winter. Still wondering if this would confuse me as a newbie (especially if it is outdated) or possibly help me.