Default Hello from Little Rhody.

I am a first year beekeeper w/ 2 hives. I purchased enough new woodenware for 10 hives(50 mediums) from a gentleman who kept hives in the 1980's. I loaded my van with everything he had, woodenware, suits, foundation, frames, top feeders,frame feeders,smokers,queen excluders, equipment for rearing queens and many other items.
    Good thing my wife decided not to come with me to pick up the items. I would of had to leave her there because the front seat was loaded with 2 cases of frames and 3 cases of wax foundation. I went to the local bee class and learned one valuable lesson; I knew absolutely nothing. Here is a toast (honey whine of coarse) to beekeepers and successful harvests for years to come.

Millville, Worcester Co, Massachusetts, USA

Default Re: Hello from Little Rhody.

Greatings Neighbor,

I am on the Mass/RI boarder and am also a 1st year beekeeper.

I see you took a bee keeping class, and I probably can assume that if you took the class in RI, that you are also are now a member of the RI Beekeepers Association. I would recommend that you attend their meetings, I do and have learned alot from attending.

Good luck w/ the hobby.

Steve_G

Wow,
    You might not need any new gear for a couple years.
    Welcome
    Dan

Welcome, if you had brought her you might have gotten a great deal! Then again who would help you unload if she was still there. Cheers!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com