Default busting a vein over this one..posting links in chat

ok, try as i might, since the new facelift... thank you for all your hard work Barry...posting a link to a picture or a site does not work in chat. For some they can, for others they can not...me included
    It has been mentioned it is the security settings on the individual computers.

So i have tried everything. From changing internet security settings, disableing AV and FW and SW settings to updating the computer, the browser. I have no idea why this happens.
    I have even googled issues with java add on chats with pasteing....nothing.

If anyone has any other ideas, please enlighten me.

It worked on the old forum platform. And some can on this platform Help please

Thank you!!!

Default Re: busting a vein over this one..posting links in chat

I can drag the url over to the text box, but that is the only way I have ever been able to get it to work.

Download Picasa 3, it will help you to automatically organize all your pics on your pc. You have an option to create an online album. There is a sync option in each folder to send the pics you want to your online album. From your online album you can share the link to particular pic or complete album to anyone or place ie this forum. Basically your not posting a pic, your posting a link. Picasa has a really good tutorial that goes step by step. Posting directly to forum from my pc has been a little challenging for me also. By using a link your not using as much of this forums resources and your picture quality is going to be much better.
    It takes a family to raise a family, it takes a village to really screw that up... Djei5

djei5, I don't think that's what honeyshack is talking about. I use photobucket, and used to be able to copy and paste a link to a photo in chat. I can no longer do this either

We also used to be able to post actual pictures in the chat window, but not with the new version. And the chat filter makes me think it was designed by nuns at the Vatican. Try to talk about scraping frames, being a landscaper, no can do because those dirty words contain an even dirtier word. Who are we trying to protect from our filth? Are we American beekeepers or kindergarten students in a communist regime?

Yeah, i'm aware of that...just wondering if using a different program might be a work around. I had serious issues before I used Picasa. They are resolved. It may or may not work for someone else.....just saying. It maybe worth the effort.
    It takes a family to raise a family, it takes a village to really screw that up... Djei5

I think I'M seriously going to like you!

Honeyshack -

The chat, as with the forum, is restricted to the use of BB code.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#ur
    Regards, Barry

I also checked the CR settings and Copy, Cut, and Paste is enabled, as is posting links. The problems you're having must be related to your browser.
    Regards, Barry

Here is what AddOnChat suggests about trouble with Copy and Paste:

If you're on a Mac:
    CMD-C, CMD-V, and CMD-X keyboard macros may not work correctly when copying/pasting text between AddonChat and other applications. Please use the Drag & Drop text feature to copy and paste text.

If you're on Windoz:
    Have you installed the latest (1.5.x or higher) edition of Java from http://www.java.com/ ?

If yes:
    When copying between applications, you will need to use the CTRL-C and CTRL-V keyboard shortcut commands to copy and paste text. The right-click Copy and Paste options will not work when copying/pasting text between AddonChat and other applications.

•I've tried that. It still doesn't work.
    You may need to configure your Java Plug-In from the Windows Control Panel to ensure you're browser is using the latest edition of Java.

If no:
    Please visit http://www.java.com/ to download and install the latest edition of Java.
    Regards, Barry

Copy & Paste Issues

Resolving Copy & Paste Issues

AddonChat is fully capable of copy and paste functionality both within the applet itself and with other applications. Java issues and or chat room configuration problems may be causing some users to not be able to copy and paste text within the chat room. Please use the following guide to resolve copy & paste issues:

Important: Copy and paste between AddonChat and other applications can only be done using the CTRL-C, CTRL-V, and CTRL-X keyboard shortcuts, The right-click copy command is only for use when copying/pasting text within the AddonChat applet itself.

1. Ensure that you're using the latest edition of Java

Using Windows, a small coffee-cup or similar Java logo icon will appear as a Windows Tray icon when you load AddonChat. Right-Click this icon and select About Java. If you're using a version of Java that is older than 1.5.x, please visit http://www.java.com/ to download and install the latest edition of Java. If you're using a 1.5 release or later and cannot copy using CTRL-C and CTRL-V commands, please continue reading...

You may also wish to visit http://www.javatester.org/ to determne which version of Java is currently in use. It is possible that the version in use differs from that shown in the About Java dialog box. If this is the case, continue reading.

2. Ensure that the latest edition of Java installed is the one that you're currently using

Using Windows, open your Control Panel from the Start Menu. Select Switch to Classic View if it is not already selected. Double-click the Java Plug-in icon/link. Select the Advanced tab. Using the pull-down menu provided, ensure that the latest edition of Java is selected. Click the Apply button and close the Java Plug-in Control Panel. Shutdown and web browsers and re-open.

3. Macintosh Specific Issues

Macintosh users may not be able to copy/paste text between applications using the Cmd-C and Cmd-V keyboard shortcuts. Please use the Macintosh drag & drop text feature to drag text in and out of AddonChat.

4. Miscellaneous Testing Notes

Copy/Paste between applications has been tested successfully using Java 1.5.0_07 and later editions under Windows using Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2.0, MSIE 6.0, and MSIE 7.0.

Copy/Paste between applications has been tested successfully using Java 1.3 and 1.5 and higher using Safari and Firefox under Apple OS-X.
    Regards, Barry

FYI

sudenly one day I cant copy and past to chat if I am on my lap top (and I use the LT in chat most of the time) but can if on the PC and others have had the same problem so I am thinking the problem is not the room but my lap top.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Thanks for all your help.
    Sorry I did not reply sooner. A lightening storm took out our towers so our area was downs.

Still does not work
    Java 1.6
    MSIE 8
    I have tried the contol c and control V...will not allow
    I usually use my laptop, so i tried the desk top. Right now i can not connect to the server. Says error try in a few minutes...uggg

I'll send a ticket off to AddOnChat and see if I can't get to the bottom of this. I'm not able to copy and paste as well.
    Regards, Barry

I would have a good laugh...but that would not be nice
    Thank you so much for checking into it!
    HS

Here is the response from AddOnChat.

AddonInteractive has recently been made aware of a Java security update introduced in a recent build of Java 1.6 (Build 24). This security release appears to have unintentionally disabled both copy and paste using CTRL/CMD commands as well as hot-linking to remote images using the IMG tag.

We are currently in the process of testing v9.0 of the AddonChat software which we have applied a fix which will resolve the copy and paste issue. We hope to have this version of the software rolled out to all customers once the testing is completed and the version is fully ready.

For the moment, while AddonInteractive discourages the use of older Java versions, the simplest solution is to simply uninstall Java 1.6.0_24 and install Java 1.6.0_23. Java 1.6.0_23 may be downloaded from Oracle's web site at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ve-139210.html or at http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

Unfortunately we do not currently have instructions for Mac users.
    Regards, Barry

It works!
    I had to unintstall the java and reinstall the .23 version
    However since i have the windows 7 64 bit, I had to install both the 32 bit and 64 bit java.
    Now can get into the chat again and can paste links

THANKS BARRY!

Great!

I still can't C&P.
    Regards, Barry

Barry,
    I don't know what operating system you are running, however with windows 7, it mentioned downloading both javas...32, and 64.
    You can see which java you have by going into control panel and un-install programs
    Or, I did a search for java, right clicked and about.
    It would not work without both java's
    Best of luck
    HS