Default Hello from N. Calif.

I started building my hives this winter and now have one top bar and 3 Langstrof hives. I bought two packages and have caught 3 swarms in the swarm boxes I built. All three from the same person's yard. The first swarm wasn't very big and has all but disappeared. Not sure if it was something I did (probably), but I will retrieve the third swarm this weekend and place in the now empty deep.
    I took a number of classes from a local club, read books, forums and watched online videos. So much more to learn, but it's the most fun project I've undertaken.
    I wake up in the middle of the night thinking of the girls.
    I hope that what I'm doing will help the bees as well as pollinate our gardens and orchard.

Default Re: Hello from N. Calif.

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome,
    Nevada County has a good beekeeping club, that Randy Oliver is involved with. If it wasn't so far I'd attend a few meetings there.
    Dan

Hi Dan, yes I've heard Randy speak a few times. I haven't joined the Nevada County Bee Keepers as yet. There is a smaller group that involves more of the back yard bee keepers that have met a few times. Might turn into a club in the future.

Tom