Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: honey Vodka

Default Re: honey Vodka

Wow, So many commments! you know i make Good honey Vodka With Fermentation Method and thats tastes great and i am planning to start a liittle production to observe marketand similiar product doesnt exist on the market in Geoprgia so competitor will not be, but seems to be very expensive to produce. if anyone want to taste my Vodka, kindly i invite you all In Georgia.

If I ever make it to Georgia, I will for sure stop in and have a drink with you!!
    Regards, Barry

here you will inroduce ancient christian culture and many historical places too. if you decide to travel to Georgia you will have an opportinuty to see my apiary and taste some valuable Drinks : i have 5 kinds of Wine, Vodkas:Georgian Chacha, Honey Vodka, Wal nut Cognac and Fruit Vodka too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    500 gallons. I've brewed two 5 gallons batches this year, so I still have another 490 gallons to go! ...
    Is this for spirits or wine/beer? My understanding was a big federal no-no to distill.

http://www.ttb.gov/faqs/genalcohol.shtml

Barry was referring to brewing...as in beer (or wine).
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

Eliahu, I would travel to Georgia just to try some of your stuff. Heard a report once of a guy that travelled overseas and stayed with someone that made the stuff, sounds great.

Distillation (and I think any other method of concentrating spirits beyond normal fermentation levels) is illegal in the US.

Here in the states we can make a lot of beer and wine, but not all that we want. There is a limit of one or two hundred gallons per adult.

Sir. i could be appreciate if you travel to Georgia and taste my vodka. i know that distilling license is required to distil alcohol drinks. but here we have different laws in Georgia republic. here you can distill as much as you want but if you decide to sell it without license then police may arrest you if they notice illegal occupation. Yes i have to confess thats honey vodka is the hardest to distill thats why a few people distill it. and i use natural fermentaton method( bee pollen or wine boiler)
    i dont use special brewing tanks because they are very expensive and i cant afford it i use plastic drums. after fermentation i pour it in the distilling machine

I don't suppose you would part with a description of your distilling machinery JUST for scientific curiosity you understand. A recipe for your natural fermentation would be good too. Do you mean you just add pollen to get the yeast for the fermentation? How much water to how much honey? Do you put boiled potatoes in it too:<} I wish a trip to your beautiful history filled country was in my budget! Regards Vance

Why do so many people get on here with replies like "you have just confessed on a public forum" etc ?
    Self righteous nonsense like this is simply miserable. How about laying off the judgements and intimidation. There's nothing positive about it, and it takes the fun out of an activity that people enjoy and wish to share. I've had a still in the past, and I enjoy the odd toke. C'mon and get me!

i think that people think you are in Georgia, USA. I love vodka! i think it's crazy that we can make beer and wine and mead but it's illegal to distill vodka! i guess 'freedom' only goes so far!

The objectionable part of distilling that used to get people caught was the pig manure smell of the spent mash rotting. If one is sensible about the size of equipment and disposal of the waste. I don't think short of your big mouth, many will know or care if you are distilling. There are so many laws on the books now that we are all jailable anyway for something! The least free among us resent folks lacking chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord View Post
    Why do so many people get on here with replies like "you have just confessed on a public forum" etc ?
    Self righteous nonsense like this is simply miserable. How about laying off the judgements and intimidation. There's nothing positive about it, and it takes the fun out of an activity that people enjoy and wish to share. I've had a still in the past, and I enjoy the odd toke. C'mon and get me!
    I agree. Some people just get their rocks off by acting holier-than-thou. It is rather irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord View Post
    I'll **ASSUME** they are giving you a heads up and trying to be friendly.
    I know some jobs out there do a fairly in depth searches online to find out what kind of person they are hiring.
    I personally was hoping there was a way around the law. Lord knows you can buy the equipment all day long!

Quote Originally Posted by Edcrosbys View Post
    I'll **ASSUME** they are giving you a heads up and trying to be friendly.
    I know some jobs out there do a fairly in depth searches online to find out what kind of person they are hiring.
    I personally was hoping there was a way around the law. Lord knows you can buy the equipment all day long!
    In some cases perhaps...but comments like "Congratulations.... You have just confessed, in writing, to a comitting a fedral felony, AND posted it in a public forum." is more like I'm a smug pompous jerk and I just used my internet detective skills to bust you.

OK, let's move on from these remarks please.
    Regards, Barry

i have already distiled 20 gallons of honey vodka and i will be distilling 10 gallons very soon

Do you have a refracting or pot still? What is your recipe for your fermentation? I think I am going to build a refracting still that can also be used as a pot still so I can make some water of life from peaty barley malt like my ancesters. I need another hobby for the winter. Oh BTW if you can pass a drug test and are semi competent and or breathing, don't worry about people looking for pecadilloes on the net. Just go to Williston North Dakota. Work and live like a dog and make 60 K to double that if you have any ambition. If you have computer skills or a CDL make more. A huge oil boom going on if the anti fracking fanatics don't get it shut down.

Why waste precious honey for ordinary vodka?

Vodka is made from potatoes, or better from rye. The secret of great tasting vodka is in the fermentation and filtration process.

I would make MEAD from my honey instead of wasting it for vodka.

LOL

OK, Pascopal, what is your recipe for fermenting potatoes and or rye! I am sick of all you teases.

Quote Originally Posted by pascopol View Post
    Why waste precious honey for ordinary vodka?

Vodka is made from potatoes, or better from rye. The secret of great tasting vodka is in the fermentation and filtration process.

I would make MEAD from my honey instead of wasting it for vodka.

LOL
    I would want to taste it before passing judgement, if it was hard to justify then yes, use the taters and rye.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast