Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

honey Vodka

72K views 93 replies 35 participants last post by  Nabber86 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to Distill Vodka with honey? i did Some and tastes realy good

#3 ·
YEs of cource. we distil it every year if we have good harvest. keep in mind that this valuable drink and costs expensive too. because you need high Quality multiflower Honey(Oregano, clvoer, Cotton thistle.hawthorn. etc. but Fermentation and distiling seems to be very hard because. requires a lot of attention.

#8 ·
OH What a strict laws. Here everyone can distil what ever they want and it is not restricted by government of Georgia Caucasus . but if you decide to sell it without license you will be put in prison if they find your product on the market. By the way sometimes i make myself Wal nut Cognac and many kinds of wine. too. i also distil Vodka with wine .

#14 ·
When you get the recipe and video....would you please share it :banana:

As you may have guessed from my name, I am no stranger to mead. I used to make about 100 gallons a year (gave a good portion of it away) but honey got really expensive. I think my last batch used about 20lbs of honey for a 5 gallon batch. Maybe next year I will have enough to get back into it. I am really interested in honey vodka, or honey anything for that matter!

#15 ·
We have an awesome licenced Meadery in Ontario- Google Munro Meadery. Just received some as a house warming gift. After I hinted that I would really like to try some. I may never buy wine again. Sorry if you are in the states, so far they can only market in Canada. They have dry and sweet mead and melomel, fruit meads.

#20 ·
I'm tickled you enjoyed my suggestion to check out the White Winter Winery. I am not at all a fan of sweet wines/meads, but even their sweet meads are not cloyingly so. The semi sweet to drier ones are smooth and crisp. Very drinkable. If you can't visit in person, be aware they pack their bottles incredibly well for mail order shipping.

#21 ·
Wow, So many commments! you know i make Good honey Vodka With Fermentation Method and thats tastes great and i am planning to start a liittle production to observe marketand similiar product doesnt exist on the market in Geoprgia so competitor will not be, but seems to be very expensive to produce. if anyone want to taste my Vodka, kindly i invite you all In Georgia.

#23 ·
here you will inroduce ancient christian culture and many historical places too. if you decide to travel to Georgia you will have an opportinuty to see my apiary and taste some valuable Drinks : i have 5 kinds of Wine, Vodkas:Georgian Chacha, Honey Vodka, Wal nut Cognac and Fruit Vodka too.

#26 ·
Eliahu, I would travel to Georgia just to try some of your stuff. Heard a report once of a guy that travelled overseas and stayed with someone that made the stuff, sounds great.

Distillation (and I think any other method of concentrating spirits beyond normal fermentation levels) is illegal in the US.

Here in the states we can make a lot of beer and wine, but not all that we want. There is a limit of one or two hundred gallons per adult.

#27 ·
Sir. i could be appreciate if you travel to Georgia and taste my vodka. i know that distilling license is required to distil alcohol drinks. but here we have different laws in Georgia republic. here you can distill as much as you want but if you decide to sell it without license then police may arrest you if they notice illegal occupation. Yes i have to confess thats honey vodka is the hardest to distill thats why a few people distill it. and i use natural fermentaton method( bee pollen or wine boiler)
i dont use special brewing tanks because they are very expensive and i cant afford it i use plastic drums. after fermentation i pour it in the distilling machine

#28 ·
I don't suppose you would part with a description of your distilling machinery JUST for scientific curiosity you understand. A recipe for your natural fermentation would be good too. Do you mean you just add pollen to get the yeast for the fermentation? How much water to how much honey? Do you put boiled potatoes in it too:<} I wish a trip to your beautiful history filled country was in my budget! Regards Vance

#29 ·
Why do so many people get on here with replies like "you have just confessed on a public forum" etc ?
Self righteous nonsense like this is simply miserable. How about laying off the judgements and intimidation. There's nothing positive about it, and it takes the fun out of an activity that people enjoy and wish to share. I've had a still in the past, and I enjoy the odd toke. C'mon and get me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.