Sad Bee Careful What You Wish For

I had considered getting into bee keeping for a couple of years now. This month the bees decided to adopt me instead. They moved into the air intake/wall of my generator room. The problem is that the generator runs for a couple of hours per day and it gets quite hot in there in the summer. While the bees are in the wall and not in the room itself, they perch on the outside of the intake duct and fan like mad trying to keep the hive cool no doubt.

My question is, will they have the good sense to leave on their own? It's noisy and hot, and I'm really surprised they settled there. What is a good way to handle this?

Default Re: Bee Careful What You Wish For

Fisher's Bee Quick, inserted with a plastic tube and small syringe, would likely get them outta there the fastest and not leave an obnoxious odor like the other bee moving volatile chemicals.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

I have used Bee Quick on my supers and it has never driven them out of a box with brood. They just refuse to leave the brood.

Why not work with a local beekeeper to open up the wall and used a bee vac? I'm sure someone in your area would help you do the cut out and leave you with the bees.
    Backyard beekeeping and honey bees.
    www.BlueLineApiary.com

I'm sticking with Joe. I use the Bee Quick on a piece of 3/8 plywood and it works like a champ.