Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    26,135

    Default Happy Fathers Day

    For some this may not be Funny or Humorous, but I hope you have enjoyed most of being a Father. I enjoy it more and more, as my youngest grows into young adulthood. Even if he did back into my van while his Mother yelled "Watch out for the tree.", while letting him back her van into the driveway. So, it's her fault.

    "Watch out for the tree."? What about, "Watch out for your Dad's van."? Who needs Drivers Ed when you have a Mother around. Sheesh.

    I bet no one else ever had that happen before. Yeah, right.

    Happy Fathers Day, Y'all.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Franklin, NC
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    This sounds like something that would happen in my family. I hope you were able to laugh and raz the wife a little.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    After being a father of 3 boys who are all growed up and gone now and I'm just about to turn 60 none of them things like that that I used to get so upset at doesn't seem to matter anymore. Never thought that I would say it but I sure miss seeing them at that younger time.

    Butch

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    26,135

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    Yeah, I razzed the wife some. Then I listed all of the cars I wrecked which belonged to my Parents and how badly I wrecked them and that my son did nothing I hadn't and not as badly and it wasn't his fault.

    I can almost laugh abouit it. Let's see how funny my wife thinks it is when I give her the repair bill. Heh,heh.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Garland, Bladen County, NC, USA
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    It wasn't the "Your Honeys Here" van ... was it?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clay Count, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    819

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    Funny story. I'm a dad now myself. Can remember backing up the family car and bumping the other. Got my dad out of bed and showed him. He said he would tell mom he did it because left the car at a weird angle. Think he was just making an excuse to make me feel not so bad.

    We buried him on my last birthday. Sucks. The signature I use on this forum was one of his favorite sayings. Sure lots of other on this forum have lost their dad. When they tell ya you will think of him everyday, especially when something important in your life happens, that you will want to tell him - it's true.

    Finished building my solar wax melter today so don't have to think about fathers day other than my daughter driving out with my new house shoes, very nice.

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...957598&df=all&
    Last edited by MDS; 06-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brasher Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    26,135

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    Quote Originally Posted by hpm08161947 View Post
    It wasn't the "Your Honeys Here" van ... was it?
    Yes, it is. Other than my F-450, it's the only thing I have to drive. Now the passenger side door is stove in and the window won't go down. At least I got it to go up. And the door won't open from the outside. Could be worse.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Garland, Bladen County, NC, USA
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Yes, it is. Other than my F-450, it's the only thing I have to drive.
    You are right, I suspect we all have similar stories. I know I do Just glad mine made it through those teenage years unscathed. I know some who did not.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    columbus,ohio,USA
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    I am in the process of learning how to drive. Was packing the 1/2 ton pickup into the driveway. Both parents in the truck. My dad say back up, and I bump in my mom vw beetle. Only dented to liscence plate.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kingsville, OH
    Posts
    959

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Funny story. I'm a dad now myself. Can remember backing up the family car and bumping the other. Got my dad out of bed and showed him. He said he would tell mom he did it because left the car at a weird angle. Think he was just making an excuse to make me feel not so bad.

    We buried him on my last birthday. Sucks. The signature I use on this forum was one of his favorite sayings. Sure lots of other on this forum have lost their dad. When they tell ya you will think of him everyday, especially when something important in your life happens, that you will want to tell him - it's true.

    Finished building my solar wax melter today so don't have to think about fathers day other than my daughter driving out with my new house shoes, very nice.

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...957598&df=all&
    So sorry to read your post about losing your dad. But I also read in it your love for him and maybe admiration, this was a Happy Fathers Day after reading your post.
    Ben

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clay Count, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    819

    Default Re: Happy Fathers Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
    So sorry to read your post about losing your dad. But I also read in it your love for him and maybe admiration, this was a Happy Fathers Day after reading your post.
    Ben

    You are a kind person - thank you.

    Of interest and on a much happier note. The cemetery six generations of my family is buried in is named after a beekeeper family member (Sam Knox). Saw his picture in a family reunion album. Standing there with his smoker and a lot of hives behind him. You could imagine how excited I was to find that photo. Ran around the room showing everyone who had never bothered to notice the hives behind him. Small world.

    In those days having a photo taken was a big event and Sam having his picture taken with his hives would have been important to him. Guess I inherited some of his beekeeping genetics, or at least the desire to have bees. Sure he and I will compare notes someday LOL.
    Last edited by MDS; 06-20-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads