So, I had a swarm abscond but then got pretty lucky as the guy I bought them from called me to let me know of a swarm he got a call on but is too far from him. I went and long story short is that it was a hive living under a trailer that must was bearding up the trailer side (looking like a swarm to the employees of the lot, or it may have just swarmed but I did not see any empty Queen cells)...that then ended up being two hives with the same entrance.

Any how, They were going to call the Orkin Man so I persuaded them to let me 'have at it' This was my first swarm and I was not prepared for an extraction. Got all the comb (very little to no capped honey but sheet after sheet of brood and some pollen) which appeared years old. Im guessing it was an old nest that had recently been occupied. Any how, I get all the comb and bees from one hive into one box and then repeat for the other hive. Feel better about the health of the second one because I was literally ripping arm loads of first into the box (it was much larger and the bees were HOT under the collar). I get home and the boxes are bees and comb mess. Got them into the nest (Im using one Warre and one heavily modified Lang) and now have a few questions....

In the Warre (where I put the second hive) I tried, and failed, to hang up a few sheets of the brood/comb. In the morning two of the three had fallen so I opened the hive and brushed the bees off the comb and removed it. Brood is hatching everywhere, from the fallen comb I assume, and seems to be just pouring out of the hive and can be seen crawling through my grass and landscaping in front of the hive up to twenty feet away! Flying bees just keep flying and learning their new location (really too early and Im too much of a rookie to tell if it is Happy Flying or Disturbed Flying). Any idea what is going on here? Is the swarm in trouble? Im am not sure on the presence of a queen in either of the removed colonies....

Hahahaha. Ok. question 2. The first, larger but more mangled, colony I threw in an old modified Lang hive my bee Guru had laying around. It has frames, no sheets or comb in them, and has the corners blocked off and those end frames shortened to fit. Exterior is square but interior is an octagon. I just poured and brushed the bees into it - no brood comb was attached to any of the bars (I did not see a queen here either but it was chaos). I want/need to add another box and was thinking of running it like a warre (by adding my box to the bottom). If I run full frames with maybe the starter strip in the bottom box will that mess with the bees heads since the top box would then be "sheetless" with bee-built frame comb and the bees would have to crawl past starter sheets to get up there? Should I run it like every other Langer and add my super to the top instead? And finnally, should I use a deep or shallow? the first box is a deep.

Really concerned about the brood/flightless bees all over my yard! Should i Have left that brood comb just lying in the nest? Brood was alrready everywhere before I removed it....

Thanks All!