Default Use nucs to save queenless?

3 of 5 swarms after 2 weeks have gone queenless, & splits (6) made w/capped cell cups lookin pretty bleak, 1 large extraction no Qn no Qn cells, not to mention I released 3 virgins into 3/ 5 frame nucs & no eggs or brood or sign of Qns. I am thinking that maybe 8 nucs I have reserved may go to requeening/ combining some of these queenless.

I put Qn into ML gell grid for 24 hrs, when I went to release her I saw no eggs(not saying there wasn't any, just can't see that well). I left cell grid in thinking maybe they need to clean/aromatize it longer. I would like to get these colonies ramped up for the summer & running into challenges. Going from 2, to 6 now 20+ has me thoroughly but excitedly CONFUSED.

Suggestions please.
    Rmns 1:16/Prv.3:5,6/ Beegan BK May 09/ Zone 5b
    I have NOT failed. I have only found many many ways that do not work!

Default Re: Use nucs to save queenless?

You may actually have queenless issues, but you need to wait a little longer before coming to that conclusion. It takes about a month from eggs to (easily spottable) laying queen or up to 25 days from capped cell - for me anyway. Give it a little more time, and if you can give them a frame of mixed brood every week or two as insurance. BTW, you can usually spot queen cells on that frame of brood in just 3 days if the hive is actually queenless.

Default Re: Use nucs to save queenless?

The reason I am concerned is that I am not seeing brood in these hives, when I made the splits they were looking very promising. The hives that I am concerned w/ are the hive I took splits from. these were busting out hives, now lots of bees, no eggs or brood.
    I went to my second yard today (where I took all my splits & swarms), 3 splits still queenless. I saw 5 queens today in splits. 1 split had a capped qn cell & 1 opened, didn't see her. 1 of the swarms had released a V Qn that I put in Sat the 11th, I did not see her. I am going to wait a cpl weeks before I check that box again.
    I am getting 2 nucs Sunday & I was wondering if I should use them to combine w/ hives that have no brood or eggs & lots of bees.
    Rmns 1:16/Prv.3:5,6/ Beegan BK May 09/ Zone 5b
    I have NOT failed. I have only found many many ways that do not work!