Default Wife getting a swarm and installing in the NUC for her first time

I got a swarm call today and wasn't able to get to the swarm in a timely manner. My wife went all by herself....vacuumed up the bees...moved them home...and placed them in a NUC without any help from me. She has only seen this done and never even got close to doing this by herself. I am proud of her....and think that she might regret ever getting a bee suit. https://picasaweb.google.com/1118636...YukonJun152011

Default Re: Wife getting a swarm and installing in the NUC for her first time

A big to her!!
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Congrats! she may just get hooked now.

Very nice! I wish my wife would come hive one. My 6 year old son on the otherhand, is doing great, he has helped me take down quite a few swarms and is getting good at it. Probably wont be too long before I'm going to come home and he'll have house a swarm on his own.

C2

Brava !! I think my wife will start her own hive(s) next year.