From time to time, someone asks how to make creamed honey. By this, I mean honey that is intentionally crystallized so it has a very fine, creamy grain. (I'm not talking about honey butter, meaning liquid honey + butter blended together into a spreadable mixture.)

I found a beautifully made video by a UK beekeeper that explains the "Dyce" method of making creamed (soft set) honey in clear detail. My mouth was watering by the time I got to the end of this video, and I learned a lot about the process.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGE-7n0_Ko

The author mentions several temps in degrees C. Here are a couple of conversions that may be helpful:

10 C = 52 degrees F
14 C = 57.2 degrees F

Variation -- Cinnamon creamed honey: The author of another video on creamed honey gave a proportion of 1/8 cup (2 Tablespoons) cinnamon for every 10 pounds of honey. That would be 1 Tablespoon per 5 lb honey OR a slightly rounded 1/2 teaspoon per 1 lb honey. The cinnamon is mixed in with the seed.

Because cinnamon powder does not "wet" easily, I thought I would try mixing it into a small amount of honey first so it is easier to deal with, then mix that honey into the rest.