Hybrid View

Default Ready for some more PM space Barry....

What would it cost? Im sure there is others that could use it too.....\

mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

Default Re: Ready for some more PM space Barry....

wow, you seem to be really concerned with pm box space. Do you get that many pm's that you cant delete?
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Maybe open the brood nest, sorry I mean clean out the PM folder. You don't want your PM hive to swarm.
    Old Guy in Alabama

I do download my PM's, but no matter which format I use they are always easier to read and keep track of while they're still stored on the forum.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Peep, you got to remember that this is my business...and i get a TON of inquiries about nucs and queens. Many I cannot delete as they include contact info...
    Joseph, how is this done and in what format are they stored in?
    Mike
    Like us on Facebook

For a $20 donation, I'll bump it up. Since it's a business, it's also a right off for you.
    Regards, Barry

One way is to just cut 'n paste into a spreadsheet or a word processing document, but maybe Joseph has a more sophisticated method.

Even if Barry does increase your PM space, I would certainly back up all important information to another computer or other storage device. Think about it -- What if Barry's ISP is hacked or crashes and all your PMs are lost -- what would that do to your business?

My e-commerce store uses a product and order database, and I back that database up to my personal computer regularly, just in case the "unthinkable" happens to my store.

On top of that, downloading and storing this contact info in a spreadsheet or document gives you the option of making the information more useful to you. Rather than have to deal with 100s of PMs, you might have just one spreadsheet, say, that you can use to quickly find the info you need. Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by DeeAnna View Post
    What if Barry's ISP is hacked or crashes and all your PMs are lost -- what would that do to your business?
    What? You don't think the forum database is backed up daily? Come on now, this is a first-class forum!
    Regards, Barry

You can download them as XML, CSV, or TEXT. You can actually download them in all three different formats, though not at the same time. Downloading them does not automatically delete them from the forum. After downloading them you would still need to delete them from the forum to open up the space.

You just go to your PM box, go to the bottom of the message list, select the messages you wish to download, then click on the "selected messages" drop down -- pick your format, then select, "proceed".

I'm sure that several of these formats could be turned into databases and a spreadsheet formed that could more easily turn the raw information into a more usable form.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Clemens View Post
    You can download them as XML, CSV, or TEXT. You can actually download them in all three different formats, though not at the same time. Downloading them does not automatically delete them from the forum. After downloading them you would still need to delete them from the forum to open up the space.

You just go to your PM box, go to the bottom of the message list, select the messages you wish to download, then click on the "selected messages" drop down -- pick your format, then select, "proceed".

I'm sure that several of these formats could be turned into databases and a spreadsheet formed that could more easily turn the raw information into a more usable form.
    could you explain the difference between the 3 to us dumb country bumpkins? LOL. Been in the heat most of the day for the past few days....its over 100 over hee.
    mike
    Like us on Facebook