Default WANTED - Used ventilated suit or jacket.

I'm looking for a used ventilated suit or jacket such as an Ultra Breeze or Golden Bee. New these items are about three times the price of the standard suit or jacket; I'm a new beekeeper so I hate to spend that kind of cash for a NEW high-end assessory until I'm sure that I'm going to stick with beekeeping.

I can wear a large or X large; X Large is preferable. The price I'm will to pay for a used item is dependent on condition and whether it is a jacket or a suit. I perfer a suit.

Default Re: WANTED - Used ventilated suit or jacket.

Everyone must be satisfied with their ventilated suits, or there aren't many out there...or I don't know how this forum works and haven't given folks an opportunity to reply so this is a test reply.

I'd sell you mine but I really like it. When a breeze blows through it it is very nice. You might wanna look for a new one if you can't find a used one.

A ventilated suit is the best move I ever made. Not only are they cooler, but bees will not sting through it. Because sales are so low and the design is so perfect, you are going to probably have to purchase one new. Do not be afraid -- it is an excellent investment.

After messing around with three used, ill-fitting and duct-tape fixed, standard bee suits I picked up with some used equipment from retiring beekeepers, I decided I only needed to sell 28 quarts of honey to afford the bee suit that fits me and works. I went with the Ultrabreeze and I've never regretted the decision!

My purchase was not an expense...it was an investment in my enjoyment and fulfillment. Yeah, they are more money...but in my opinion, well worth it. It's the fool who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Don't wait too long hoping a used one pops up. Don't take needless stings and sweat uncontrollably a moment longer. Make the investment.

By the way, you can have mine right after my wife pries my cold, dead fingers from my hive tool. Until then, it's not available at any price.

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725