Default Long Lane Honey Bee Farm

Ordered 4 queens May 27, received them June 2. Emails are returned promptly, phone service is fast and friendly. I hope the queens do good because I would love to give them my future business.

Default Re: Long Lane Honey Bee Farm

I agree, they were able to ship me a queen for a hive of mine and she is doing a great job after a rocky start. (error on myside but has been fixed)
    Emails are always returned in a timely manner, and come to find out he grew up in the same area that I live in currently, small world. I will buy from them again, without a doubt.

One of my four was superseded, probably missed a started cell. The other three were laying very heavy with a nice brood pattern last I checked. I will post a laying rate if I have time next week.

I have one of their queens. Bought her to get a northern queen. I recommend buying from Long Lane without hesitation.

That queen went into an observation hive and swarmed due to over crowding. Caught her and the swarm and put them in a nuc.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

Quote Originally Posted by muskratcreekhoney View Post
    One of my four was superseded, probably missed a started cell. The other three were laying very heavy with a nice brood pattern last I checked. I will post a laying rate if I have time next week.
    One out of four is not a bad average for supercedure. I personally never cut out a supercedure cell because I'm of the opinion they know best and cutting them out may very well leave you queenless which is deadly as we approach fall.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

I bought a Lone Lane Queen last year to replace an Italian Queen in a package that was slow getting up to speed. Despite a slow start the bees made it through the winter and have brought some honey in this year. I checked the brood box on this hive a couple of weeks ago. This queen is on her second year now and is still laying a solid brood pattern.

Both the queen and service were great and I would definitely buy from them again.
    Last edited by Hokie Bee Daddy; 07-08-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Great queens!

Long Lane is great very nice people also.

Took my very first Bee Class at 'Long Lane'. Dave and his entire family are over the top nice. I would recommend Long Lane for anything related to Bees including their course offerings.

I also have nothing but great things to say about Long Lane. Great products and friendly prompt service. A great example of what a beekeeping business should be like!

David (Long Lane)is a member of this forum and I to got a start from them and in fact still receive their online lessons every month. Jim
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com