Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MannLake order

Default Re: MannLake order

I'm glad you had a happy ending. I've never had a problem with them either.

Happy Beekeeping.

Jim

Ordered ss 2" honey gate and 1" NDV from MannLake. Both items first class products delivered within seven days.
    Last week ordered two qts of camcote from Brushy Mtn. Arrived today. These were international shippments.
    Great service from both companies, received phone calls regarding my orders, as well as e mails. Very satisfied, will order again.
    ==Northumberland County Beekeeper, Trent Hills, Ontario==

I ordered some deeps, foundation, frames and two more veils from Mann Lake late in the evening on Memorial Day and the order arrived yesterday.......three days after placing the order!!! The only thing is the veils and the medium supers were back ordered, not a big deal at all as im in no rush for them!! Im very happy with Mann Lake and will continue to order from them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    Seems like every mail order place when I was a kid says "allow six to eight weeks for delivery"... we have gotten impatient...
    ......... and you never knew if they even received your order, unless you wrote a check, and it got cashed. Then it would just show up a month or two later. Don't think that business model would work today.

I have ordered from Mann Lake several times this year being a NewBee and have been extremely happy with their service.

Mann Lake rocks, free shipping over $100 and they have good quality stuff. You can also buy 4.9 cell wax coated plastic frames for $1.70 a piece in bulk.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Just got my order and the products are great. Their customer service is sucky I have to say. I ordered on Monday, it said "In Process" online. On Wednesday the same, but they charged our credit card. Same on Thursday, so we called. The answer we've got was that they thought it was shipped on Tuesday, but they could not access the tracking number since it is a different computer system and they are not tied into each other. Today, Friday, it still says "In Process" so we called again. This time we were told it shipped Monday from Sacramento. That could not be right, because anything with UPS from there only takes 2 days to get here. So she dug deeper into the computer and found the tracking number and it was out for delivery. So it did arrive today, 5 days after ordering. So in reality they need 3 days to prepare the order and the shipping time on top. Ironically it still states "In Process" right now. I can't really complain, since it was free shipping for two boxes weighing 26 pounds each. For that I guess you have to live with the slow process, and poor website. I will definitely buy again.
    Klamath Basin Beekeepers Association: www.klamathbeekeepers.org
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/kbbafb/

Quote Originally Posted by Katharina View Post
    So it did arrive today, 5 days after ordering. I can't really complain, For that I guess you have to live with the slow process, and poor website. I will definitely buy again.
    wow.....5 days is nothing, and I think they have the better web sites going for speed of pages loading and info offered. If you order from some of the other companies then you will be able to complain....
    Honeydew

I have learned to keep up with my inventory especially during Spring/Summer when the flow is on. I know if I order on Monday, it will arrive on Thursday almost every time. I have also found that it's cheaper to buy unassembled budget hive boxes in bulk, (free shipping) than to make my own. The pine has knots but it's not detrimental to the structure of the box. If a knot pops out, I just wood glue it back in before painting.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Quote Originally Posted by Katharina View Post
    Ironically it still states "In Process" right now.
    I was checking on an order that I made about a week ago and saw that my April order (that I got in April) still said "In Process". So while I really like them, their order status updating really doesn't work.

Also I got my order right on time this time too.

I've seen some website glitches, but for my second order in a row there was a problem caused by my error that Mann Lake's excellent customer service went out of their way to correct.

This past order, I incorrectly ordered grooved top bar frames and Eric from Mann Lake wondered if this is what I really wanted, checked some of my past orders which were for wedged top bars and called me to see if I was switching to grooved top bars. Thanks to his attentiveness, I can build the 200 frames I need today.

Far from being sucky, the customer service is excellent. I can live with an occasional website glitch for free shippping, ontime delivery and knowing my order will arrive correctly no matter how much effort I put into ordering the wrong items.

Again, Recommended!

Wayne

My only complaint is their lack of shipping and tracking notifications. My orders have been received quickly and accurately, just didn't know precisely when they would arrive, to make sure someone was around to receive them.

Here's a million dollar tip: Don't wait until the last minute to order. If you feel stressed waiting for the stuff, imagine how stressed any supplier is this time of year. And if things are back-ordered because inventory has been depleted by seasonal demand....well, I've been there myself. Just plan ahead so you can order with ample time to get the stuff. It will make your beekeeping a total pleasure.

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

If we order from Mannlake in Woodland CA by 4 pm today we will have it here tomorrow morning at 9 am. Can't ask for better service.

I was just at the Woodland CA branch[only 63 mi away!] yesterday to pickup some extra woodenware for a 10# swarm I managed to get stuffed into 2 of my last 3 supers on Sunday. I was very pleased with the Customer Service there; they even did a custom cutdown for 2 boxes I use as a hive top feeder[7 5/8"]! The walk-ins[such as myself] were being handled quite well, even with what I consider 'large'[100 10 frame shallows] orders. My representative was wondering when their 'slow season' was suppose to start!! I saw pallets and pallets of frames and un-assembled supers...so if ya need some, quickly...they have them. Good job Mann Lake, Woodland CA! Whoo hoo!

I had an another good experience with ML. I've had issues with ordering via the website in the past. It was slow and hung up a lot. I really appreciate the free shipping, so I constantly give them a chance. I placed an order online yesterday. Today, I get a email from customer service, Ed. He informed me that one of my items is backordered in the color that I wanted. No big deal, I switched the color. And on top of that, he noticed that my frame and foundation number were not equal and he questioned it. Yes, he was right. I wanted equal numbers of both but my fat fingers caused a data entry error.

Default MannLake

I ordered frames, very late last night, from MannLake. Early this morning I got a call from Tyler at MannLake. It seems that I did not take enough discount on the number of frames I ordered and my order was less than $100. Tyler was calling to see if he could put a few more frames on the order to make it over $100 so the order would have free shipping. Outstanding!!!! These frames are going to be a birthday gift so this has worked out real good. Thank You for your time. Good communication. Tony

Default Re: MannLake

I just placed an order with them on Wednesday evening and what was waiting on my porch today..........the order, minus a couple back ordered items!! Unbelievable!!! Especially after I received e-mail confirmation yesterday that my order would be shipped and should arrive in 5-7 business days...........wow!!!

Now if only I can keep the secret order from my wife!! The kids and her just got back this afternoon from a week at Disney Land..........but I got home before her and carted the packages to the shop like an ant!! Whew!!!!LOL
    Coyote Creek Bees

I'll take new bee stuff over waiting in lines for hours listening to the kids complaining any day of the week......
    Honeydew

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYDEW View Post
    I'll take new bee stuff over waiting in lines for hours listening to the kids complaining any day of the week......
    As much as I love doing stuff with my family, your right, I am not a Disney Land fan!! And I also hate standing in line for 1 1/2 hours for a couple minute ride!! I could sit out by my bee hives for 1 1/2 hours and have complete satisfaction!! Thats why I was totally for the wife taking the kids for a week to D-Land, in October I will be taking two weeks off to go deer hunting and goose hunting!! The only line I will encounter is a line of geese coming into the spread!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast