Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MannLake order

Default Re: MannLake order

Mannlake seems to work good for me

Their website is much better now. It was recently revamped. Great customer service

It will come, I use them all the time and some of my stuff still shows in progress the day it arrives at my home and I don't know why. They have good stuff and I have always got my order. Sometimes they have shipped part of my order because they were out of stock, But I have always received everything that I ordered.

They once forgot a part in my order. I've called and they fixed it right away. Their online system it not tied in with their shipping system. This meas they have to enter tracking numbers manually. That is why it sometimes says processing even when you already have it. No pig issue. In general you order and have it one week later with their free shipping offer. Can't complain.
    Klamath Basin Beekeepers Association: www.klamathbeekeepers.org
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/kbbafb/

I placed an online order, late at night, on 2-15-2012 with free shipping. I received the order on 2-21-2012. I ordered some frames and 100 sheets of rite-cell. This was my first order from them and I am very happy with it.
    Nick Hubbell
    www.findlaybee.com

placed my first order with them via phone 2/21/12 @ 7:30 am
    was sitting at my door step 2/23/12 @ 2pm
    only 15 items ,but box didn't come smashed into oblivion and 2 days made me smile.

Lee

I Just got my honey extractor on friday from Mann Lake and can't wait to try it out this fall. Mann lake is always there. Thanks Mann Lake again.

Mann Lake is top notch! One of the best decisions I have made as a bee keeper is placing an order with them. I just got a big order from them the other day. I don't know of a better company to deal with.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Our experience with Mann Lake has always been perfect. They are nothing short of a pleasure to deal with. Until something changes, and I don't forsee that happening, they will have our business. In this day and age of less than quality customer service, they are an exception and a class act!

Nice job, Mann Lake!
    Please visit our Beekeeping Blog
    http://akhoneybees.blogspot.com/

I have placed several orders with them and each time I used the web site. I always saw the in progress message and contacted them. I was told there web site is not completly up and running and rest assured they had the order. I received my order 5 days later and cheked on the web site and it still said "in progress". Once you get the email from ML with your order reciept they shipped it.

When an industry has a "busy season" the time to expect fast shipping is during their "dead season" (well usually, unless they all go on vacation).

Dadant in Texas ships in one day, but I pay pretty hefty UPS bills with them, even though the distance is not that far. Plus sales tax, and their stuff is a bit pricier.

Gypsi
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, guess I will teach permaculture in drought. The bees are still alive.

I live in Australia. Some of the gear you can buy down the street are simply not available here. I contacted Mann Lake - they sent me 3 catalogues to share with my friends plus samples of some of the items. Guess where I will be buying from!
    Wish they where down my street. Shipping costs will limit what I can buy as it will add to cost.

What gear is not availible in your country?
    Makes me think maybe you have some stuff we don't have?

I just placed an order with Mann Lake and they are back to the normal one week delivery times!

[QUOTE=Mbeck;787111]What gear is not availible in your country?
    Makes me think maybe you have some stuff we don't have?

We have nowhere the choice you have in the US. Choice under the one roof, presented in a great catalogue!
    I have no idea where I could get a Vented Beesuit, or a Mite Zapper, or Fisher's Bee-Quick, or bargains like a hive tool for $ 3.50 or a brush for $ 5.00....or Swarm Lures.

There is a business opportunity waiting here. If only I was 20 years younger!

We have good equipment suppliers selling great wooden ware but I guess the simply don't think there is a market here.

I will have to think what we have you have not. An Australian invented the " Emlock" ( you call it " Galvanized Banding Strap") and a very nifty scale .
    But then we don't have Varroa!!

Wow! I saw the prices on Pender beekeeping supplies 13.50 for a hive tool? $100.00 dollars for a smoker? I can get the same one here for $42.00 probably cheaper if I buy 100!
    100 would just about cover a nice vacation there! Hmmm! How do I get 100 smokers into my luggage? I'll buy new clothes when I get there! How do I sell 100 when I get there?

You should give Mann Lake a call and work out a deal on large orders. It looks like shipping is ssome thing like $2.00 + a pound.

....and you are talking $ Australian!

I have been in discussion with Mann Lake for a few weeks. I'm close to retiring age. Have been in business for 30+ years and looking forward to beekeeping rather then building another business.

Mann Lake is a great company and I hope to find somebody who can produce locally what we can do well here ( foundations, woodware...) and buy what they can do better due to economy of scale.

"I'll buy new clothes when I get there! How do I sell 100 when I get there? "

We have smokers made in Australia and they are excellent quality - one will last a lifetime - cheaper ones are available.
    Buying clothes in Australia? Most are made in China!! We sell minerals and agricultural produce - we don't make much here anymore!

Just received my Mann Lake order today. Ordered online Thursday. With their free shipping deal its cheaper for me to go through them than drive several miles plus pay Ohio sales tax.

I've order 3 times from Mann Lake in the last year, first two ordered came in 2-3 days! most recent took about 5 days, but i'm very happy with them and their products. Very friendly staff both times I called with questions too.

Never had a problem with them, you have to realize it is a busy time of year for eveyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast