Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MannLake order

Default MannLake order

I placed a good sized order with MannLake on the 26th (early in the morning). I went ahead and ordered every thing I thought I might need for the season since they have free shipping right now. BUT... my order hasn't even shipped yet! It has been 4 business days since I ordered and it's still "in progress". I'm tempted to cancel my order and go with someone who will actually ship my order. Free shipping isn't much of a deal if your order never ships. I need to dig into this hive I've been given but am waiting on my smoker, frames, and suit.... meanwhile... I'm seeing less and less activity from my hive. I'm so frustrated!

Yesterday 03:52 PM #19
    S_Toast

Re: MannLake order

post#19
    So here is me "eating crow". I just got my tracking number today and then my package showed up this afternoon. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and this time I was. I guess I just need a little more patience I'm super happy with my order. Next time I'll order things before I need them eh
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 06-03-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: if you didnt reaed the whole thread!!

Default Re: MannLake order

I had the same happen to me but well this 'in progress' meant, it is on the way. I had my stuff with in a week. So give them a little slack.
    If you are really concerned, just send them email all call them. They are very responsive. I order all my stuff from Mann Lake.

Cheers
    Stefan

Why don't you contact MannLake about your order? A phone call will probably solve the issue. I can say that I do a lot of mail order with Brushy Mountain and Miller - both take a few days to get everything in order before it's ready to ship, big and small orders alike.

If you needed items immediately then betting that free shipping would work for you was probably a mistake.
    Jim Andersen
    Desert Viking Ranch

I did send them an email yesterday and have yet to hear back from them. The reason I'm pretty sure it hasn't shipped is that I still have the option to cancel my order. I didn't expect it to get her overnight (hence the free shipping) but I have worked in shipping departments before and 4 business days is a long time to get an order shipped when all the items are in stock. As for waiting til the last minute to order... I didn't know for sure if I was getting this "free" hive until the last minute. And the only other shipping options cost over half of what my order cost. I just don't have that kind of money to shell out right now.

Good to hear that this is unusual for the company. They had really good reviews. Not trying to bash MannLake just venting a little frustration.

Very satisfied w/ML so far.
    Rmns 1:16/Prv.3:5,6/ Beegan BK May 09/ Zone 5b
    I have NOT failed. I have only found many many ways that do not work!

They can usually have an order at my door in 3 business days. I placed one this past weekend, & noticed they didn't charge my card yet. Maybe they are running behind.
    Dan

Figure I'll drop them another email tomorrow if I haven't heard from them. I also requested a catalog from them about a month ago and haven't received it yet. They must be pretty back logged. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good to hear all the positive experiences. Sounds like I have nothing to worry about.

This is a bizzy time of the year for suppliers
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I placed an order last week, had the tracking number the next day and it should be sitting in the entryway when I get home.....less than $30 difference form my favorite supplier and saved over $70 in shipping, couldn't pass it up.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Anyone notice... "Holiday Weekend"...?

I did account for the holiday weekend. Like I said, I didn't expect it to be here yet but I haven't even received a tracking number. That's why I was getting a little worried.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've ordered several things from ML and they have exceeded my expectation every time. My only complaint is the bee bucks, it's like a little evil teaser. You ten thousand points to get a piece of gum.

Other than that.. I've had zero problems with ML. I expect that I'll be ordering most of my stuff from them next year.

Maybe take some personal responsibility? I always have all my bee needs ready for the season by 3/1.
    Mann Lake usually delivers to me in 3 days.

The only knock I have on them is they don't send shipping and tracking notices (at least I have never received one). Sometimes this is important to make sure someone is available to receive it when it is supposed to be there. I have even checked the box requesting notification. Then, all of a sudden, it shows up. I really don't understand this since i ship things all the time and receive other merchandise all the time. It is as simple as selecting an option to automatically email the recipient, when shipping with UPS or Fedex.

Other than that, they have done a great job and I really like their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Risky Beesness View Post
    The only knock I have on them is they don't send shipping and tracking notices Other than that, they have done a great job and I really like their products.
    Everytime I have ordered from them I get the invoice in the mail the day before the ups man shows up, Also why e-mail them they have an 800 number and you would have your answer immediately,,,after all thats what this generation is all about, instant gratification thanks to the internet....
    Honeydew

Seems like every mail order place when I was a kid says "allow six to eight weeks for delivery"... we have gotten impatient...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

ML has been great on everything I have ever ordered. As long a free shipping is on the table I don't look anywhere else.
    Old Guy in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    Maybe take some personal responsibility? I always have all my bee needs ready for the season by 3/1.
    Mann Lake usually delivers to me in 3 days.
    I hadn't planned on getting bees this year. I was just going to get all my supplies together so I would be all ready for bees next spring. Then a friend gave me a hive with 2 days notice. I really wish I had been more prepared, it truly would have made things easier. But such is life.

I got a tracking number today so I'm a happy camper. I was just worried my order had gotten lost in the shuffle. I'm looking forward to getting my things sometime next week!

So here is me "eating crow". I just got my tracking number today and then my package showed up this afternoon. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and this time I was. I guess I just need a little more patience I'm super happy with my order. Next time I'll order things before I need them eh

Glad it worked out. I think there is a problem with the online status reporting. My last order showed an "in progress" message right up to the day it was delivered. I don't know if I ever got the tracking number. The shipping time was great though and my order arrived before the mailed invoice got here.

The service received is worth mentioning also. I listed an incorrect part # on my order which mistakenly included some 8 frame equipment with the bulk of the order being 10 frame. Brenda, from the sales office, emailed me on a Saturday morning to verify whether I wanted the mixed sizes or wanted it changed before shipping. That is true customer service.

Wayne

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast