Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Value of FACEBOOK ?

I recant everything I said about Facebook. Link to my page is in my signer...please LIKE Kingfisher Apiaries on FACEBOOK!
    Mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher Apiaries View Post
    please LIKE Kingfisher Apiaries on FACEBOOK!
    Mike
    Already did.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by cg3 View Post
    already did.
    thanks!
    Like us on Facebook

A new year should bring in new things so I'll bite. beesandberrys is the name, facebook be the game, A tool is a tool is a tool as long as it helps do the job. Now don't all call at once. I am down to just three cases of 1/2 pints. Thanks John H.
    John Hargrave Northwest Missouri

I just went and looked at the page. Interesting year. I could not find where to ad you as friend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    I just went and looked at the page. Interesting year. I could not find where to ad you as friend though.
    Thanks Daniel. Since it is a business account you really cannot friend me. I am trying to figure all of it out.
    Mike
    Like us on Facebook

For business accts you click on "like".
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

figured it was something like that, how sad.

Thanks Daniel. Since it is a business account you really cannot friend me. I am trying to figure all of it out.
    Mike
    So Mike... what changed your mind about FB...? Fairly interesting bunch of beekeepers on there. I keep it down to just beekeepers and family. Often... some of the beekeeper types can have some interesting pics and that makes it worthwhile to me. Of course, some can get overly political at times or religious at times... but that is mostly family. BTW... I like your pics... keep adding them.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    figured it was something like that, how sad.
    Yes. Its actually better for me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by hpm08161947 View Post
    So Mike... what changed your mind about FB...? Fairly interesting bunch of beekeepers on there. I keep it down to just beekeepers and family. Often... some of the beekeeper types can have some interesting pics and that makes it worthwhile to me. Of course, some can get overly political at times or religious at times... but that is mostly family. BTW... I like your pics... keep adding them.
    Ok. Thanks for looking us up on there. I don't yet have a personal account but when I do its only going to be friends and family. This is so I can talk to everyone about one subject, beekeeping, and then keep that out of my personal account. Plus I really don't want to friend a bunch of people I don't know. Think you probably see where I am going. When i do get a personal account I really don't want to get bombarded on it about beekeeping.
    Why did I change my mind? Time can do weird things do ya!
    Mike
    Like us on Facebook

Will give it a go - send us a friend request fella's

Ballina Honey

I am just getting to where I have some excess honey to sell. I am curious as to how you folks who are using facebook deal with people you dont know coming to your homes or shops? I would think that you would have to end up with people you dont know having acess to your face book page and seeing that you have honey for sale? I admit I know nothing about FB at all . thanks for any info. GB
    George Brenner @ www.valleyhoneyco.com
    Mesa, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by G B View Post
    I am curious as to how you folks who are using facebook deal with people you dont know coming to your homes or shops? I would think that you would have to end up with people you dont know having acess to your face book page and seeing that you have honey for sale? I admit I know nothing about FB at all . thanks for any info. GB
    I use it to let the people I already know that I have more honey for sale. The strangers that have asked about honey I sometimes meet in town, but more for convenience than security.

I've had friends want honey based on extracting pics I've posted.

I have a business specific page that I use to let my customers know what I am bringing to my various markets and where the retail stores are that they can get my products. I do not list my home address, so I don't have a problem with people just showing up.
    My personal Facebook page is tightly regulated, but my business one is fairly open to whoever wants to find out about Island Apiaries. I have never had a problem.

You will never know until you run the experiment for yourself. Just created a facebook page and just started posting on this forum.

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RedstoneQueenBees

I'm not a member of facebook, and the only regret so far is that I can't see Lauri's facebook site showing her beekeeping equipment and queens......
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

It's going to be a passing fad that is for sure.
    Well, that's a quote for the record books!
    http://OxaVap.com
    Your source for the Varrox Vaporizer, "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Facebook itself may pass. But given it is already a decade old I am not sure it would qualify as a fad. Social networking on the other hand will not be going away.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

I've had a personal Facebook account for many years, now. With it I keep track of my son and his daughter, and my daughter and her son. Both my son and daughter use Facebook regularly to share photographs of their children (my grandchildren), with family and friends. My wife also has a personal Facebook account, and her daughter uses Facebook to share photos and happenings with her children, too.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

I get exposure off of my FB page for Sticky Bear Apiary to the point I haven't even updated my webpage. Setting the page up is easy and it allows me to let those who want my bees and or honey when they are available. I use it like a blog and the page is separate from my personal FB page.
    Jack Moore ~ Sticky Bear Apiary
    Zone 7a ~ Elev: 4840ft. ~ https://www.facebook.com/StickyBearApiary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast