Default Queen not laying

I have a BeeWeaver queen in a 5 frame nuc (I have verified her existence) on some empty drawn comb and one frame of honey. I have had her in there since mid-April with a small amount of workers. To this point I can't see where she has layed any eggs and the workers are running out of steam. This is a double nuc in a split deep hive body with an Italian on the other side, same set up, who is laying and has larvae and sealed brood. The queen in question looks healthy enough but her abdomen looks very thin and not the "large" look that you would expect. Has she not been mated? Or what's up? She is clipped, so if not mated- can she if she can't fly. Any thoughts and course of action appreciated.

Default Re: Queen not laying

I cant say whether she has mated or not but I can say from what I have read if she cant fly and she is not mated she will never be able to. Queens only mate in the air!!

Time to give BeeWeaver a call.

Wayne

Thanks Scotty and Wayne, I figured that's where I was headed. I sent them the information and we'll see where that takes me. Thanks again.

If she never mates she'll never lay, and that appears to be the situation. In my experience BeeWeaver has always made things right when there were problems. The sooner you call the sooner they can do something.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF