Default Some comb, but no brood - Queenless maybe?

I hived several packages of Carnies about 3 weeks ago. One never really seemed to get with it and start building comb like the others, they seemed sort of aimless. I have checked them once a week, re-filling their feeders as needed. This aimless hive built comb inside their division board feeder at first, and I had a heck of a time getting them moved over to the regular frames (PF105). They are on it now, but I cannot see any brood, only pollen and nectar. I have not seen the queen since I hived them.

Is it possible they are queenless? I added a frame of uncapped brood from another hive just in case. They have not shown any of the usual signs of queenlessness (eggression, roar, etc.).

So far my plan is to wait and see what develops. Sound logical?

Default Re: Some comb, but no brood - Queenless maybe?

I would add some eggs to be sure. You will know soon if there is a queen or not as they will build one from the eggs. Uncapped brood you added will help, as I understand it, with the colony not become egg laying workers but will do nothing for them needing to add a queen because they raise them from eggs or very, very young larva.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

Default Re: Some comb, but no brood - Queenless maybe?

Meant to say I added a frame of uncapped eggs and pollen.