Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Any hunters/fisherman in here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    What unit?
    I had 5a in my last hunt when I lived there!
    The deer is 2A, the elk is 5B. We didn't do any good last year for elk as it was 65-70 degrees. They were still up in the high country. It should be better this year, but I'll miss it.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

I just returned from a successful antelope hunt--for my grandson. I will be eating well marinated tag! The goats were decimated by last years hard winter and two years of blue tongue. That is a protozoan transmitted by a biting fly that bleeds them out. But I fortunately chose a good place to hide and wait and my grandson got his first big game animal about two hours into the hunt. Nothing huge, but a respectable well shot buck. Youth deer opens the 21st and am hoping I can get him in place again. Unfortunately, I have heart failure and can only teach ambush predation. Lord but I miss mobility and long hikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    I fortunately chose a good place to hide and wait and my grandson got his first big game animal about two hours into the hunt. Nothing huge, but a respectable well shot buck.
    Awesome....Congrats to your grandson!!

I have been hunting and fishing pretty much my whole life(or at least since my Dad would let us go with him) We hunt deer,rabbit,and squirrels and love to hunt doves. I've been goose and duck hunting but leave that to people who enjoy it more than me.I love to fish and I have access to a beautiful watershed lake(about 35 acres) that backs up to my farm.No public access or motors so not a lot of traffic. We deer hunt my sisters farm which is 200 acres just full of deer and there are 2 ponds on her farm(about 5 acres of water) that my Dad stocks.My kids are also hunters and fishermen and I know they will carry on that tradition

Those of you that are taking kids.....that's awesome!!!

Get a kid into the woods for one fun weekend and he will always support sportsman.
    "If you can't beat them out breed them" hehehe

Doing a little tree hugging right now!

Hunting seasons have started around here as well!! A zone for deer wasnt to good around here, I didnt get a tag since I was taking my wife out when we had time, which was only opening weekend. She passed on a 3x3 that was spindley and didnt have another chance to go out. I took my 10 year old son out on the junior waterfowl hunt up at Klamath/Tule refuges and he ended up killing a limit of ducks (5 mallards, 2 pintail) and a honker in the field spread we set out!! We literally had mallards landing on the footbags of the lay out blinds!! Then I had my chance at deer by drawing an X zone by Lake Tahoe.........only problem was that it snowed the week before we went up and started the herd migrating into Nevada and down to lower areas, only see 5 legal bucks but my buddy and I were not about to drop 1x2 bucks!! We decided to come up with a great recipe for tag soup instead!!

I will be heading for the Klamath/Tule basin in a week and a half with some buddies to have our chance to whack some specks, snows, honkers and ducks in the grain fields like we have for the last 6 years. It is one of the best waterfowling weeks I experience each year.........although Canada is on my list for my 40th birthday!!

To everyone who gets kids and women involved involved, congratulations on keeping the tradition alive!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123