Default New Beekeeper in Western Kentucky

Hello from Western Kentucky.

I am a brand new beekeeper who has been reading everything I can get my hands on for the past 6 months concerning beekeeping. Even though I have read a lot of books, and watched quite a few videos, I still have the occasional question that comes up regarding my own hives.

Getting into beekeeping was actually a stroke of chance for me. I have been living on a semi-self sufficient homestead for the past 4 years, and thought nothing about bees until I ran across a lady at the local farmer's market last Fall. Due to the large amounts of beeswax that I purchase from her for soap making and various other projects, I became intrigued by bees and everything they do. Therefore, last Fall I took the plunge and decided to order myself two hive kits from a local company.

I installed my bee packages on May 17th, and already I have had numerous questions arise from this experience. So, in short, look for many questions to come.

Default Re: New Beekeeper in Western Kentucky

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a fun site to learn more about bees and beekeeping. Don't forget about the 'search' function: many times you'll be able to find instant answers to your questions in past threads.

Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers:
    http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/bees/a...tion/index.htm

Smile Re: New Beekeeper in Western Kentucky

Welcome and good luck with your adventure.

Tim
    Ballard County
    Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by indypartridge View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a fun site to learn more about bees and beekeeping. Don't forget about the 'search' function: many times you'll be able to find instant answers to your questions in past threads.

Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers:
    http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/bees/a...tion/index.htm

Thanks for the link.

I only know of one local beekeeper. Maybe I'll find out more information through the county extension office and the link you provided. I'll give them a call today.

Thanks again.