Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Slovenian AZ Beehive

102K views 139 replies 31 participants last post by  steve4bees 
#1 ·
I have been searching the website for plans on this particular hive and have had
almost zero results. Found only one website from Slovenia and their arrticular plans left more questions than answers. Any infor on additional websites or plans for this particular hive would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks much...
pamlar

#134 ·
The hives I am building also have 3 boxes and I love the way you can install a swarm,etc in the lower box and have them blocked off until them fill that section and then pull the blocking board and allow them to fill the next box.The last box is a hoiney super and a queen excluder can be used but I never used the excluders in the langs.I think this will be a great way to keep the bees!

#135 ·
I made some AZ Slovenian nucs for someone who had bought six of them. Basically I was drawing those frames and stocking them with bees. The AZ frames are a couple inches shorter and a couple inches deeper than Langstroth. It was a memorable project that took a month longer than I planned and that I am not interested in doing again. Anyone doing it, I recommend you Tite bond III plasticel that you have cut narrower to fit the AZ frame and place them in a lang deep with about a two inch extension stapled to the bottom. There are plastic adapters sold to add to each side of the AZ frame. Anyone have questions I will gladly answer.

#136 ·
Hi: What I am doing is as follows!I measured the langs deep frame and made AZ frames to that size.I also designed the box for them.I am using plactic foundation coated with wax ,black in the brood boxes and clear in the honey frames. I have some of the yellow snap on to make them work in a Lang strom hive which I already have Swarm Traps that fit the Lang frames.So I will put the AZ frames in my Traps with the clips on them and I lucky and catch a swarm I can just take the yellow clips off and slide them in to the AZ Box.Sounds Great!I hope it works!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.