Default Which would you buy: Biovet Varrox vs. Heilyser Vaporizer?

Need a little help from BeeSource on which Oxalic Acid vaporizer to go with. Any perceived pro's or con's between the two? Is there anything that stands out with one model over the other? Which would you buy?
    Seems these are the primary contenders for quality vaporizers (unless one wanted to build one, but that's best saved for another article). Kinda surprised to not see a comprehensive review.
    Zone 8a - Elev.~ 1,100 ft. Sandy, OR.
    Apiculture: A culmination of animal husbandry and alchemy.

Default Re: Which would you buy: Biovet Varrox vs. Heilyser Vaporizer?

I've got the Varrocleaner and the Varrox, no experience with the Heilyser. The Varrocleaner and the Varrox both work fine, no complaints but the Varrox is really constructed well and I feel the quality will contribute to it's longevity. If you just have a couple hives the Varrocleaner would work out fine, if your treating many more frequently I would go with the top quality Varrox.
    Plus I got a great deal at OxaVap, couldn't turn it down https://oxavap.com/product/varrox-he...cid-vaporizer/
    If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    Abraham Maslow

I've had both. The JB-200 Heilyser was my first and it worked just fine. The main difference is the quality in the construction, the Varrox seems to be more solid and durable. With just a few hives either would work just fine.

Similar to the difference in choosing to buy an MTD or Gravely lawn mower. If you have a small yard and take care of it properly, either will work just fine. It depends on how much you want to spend and how long you plan to use it.
    To everything there is a season....

Don't forget to buy the correct personal protection gear, as well. (A half-face respirator with the correct - acid gas - cartridges as well as eye and hand protection were recommended during the safety assessment of OAV.)

I have a Varroacleaner, which I bought in 2013 when I was still a bit dubious about the method and I didn't want to spend the extra money. But now I find I like OAV so well that I wish I had bought the more expensive Varrox unit. The Varroacleaner works well, and has given me no problems, but I think Varrox unit is higher quality, and worth the extra cost.

I bought mine from Larry (BS user SNL, and his customer service is outstanding!) He sells both the Varrox and Varroacleaner models

Enj.

I have 6 Heilysers and use them every year. I'm satisfied with them. have never used the others.