Wink Howdy from Omaha, NE

Hello boys and girls! I'm a first season beekeeper just getting going. I'm pretty sure I've already made as many mistakes as some one can right off the start. My poor bees, what a disaster. I installed two packages April 16th (TBH), and I've already killed one of my hives and the other is hanging on by a thread. It's pretty embarrassing. I may be a bad bee keeper now, but I'm determined to stick with it and figure it out. I bought a swarm from a local bee guy two days ago, and I am DYING to crack the hood and take a peek. There was activity at the entrance yesterday during the short window without rain. Wish me luck. Hopefully over the years I will prove to have helped propagate strong healthy honey bees, and not been a detriment to their existence on the planet.

If you want to read the specifics and see pictures of my bees you can here:
    http://www.smoochy4life.blogspot.com

I'm so excited about this forum. I've loved reading through and gleaning tons of good info from all of you who participate here. It seems like a very warm and welcoming community. Thank you to all of those of you who participate. Especially those of you who patiently field the newbie questions! Thank you!

Warmly, Rebecca

Default Re: Howdy from Omaha, NE

Welcome Rebecca!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com