Default I heard buck eye trees are poisnus to bee's, any experience?

I have two buck eye trees in my yard that have been here for years. They are in full bloom right now and I was told that they are bad for bee's. Of course there is nothing I can do about the bee's visiting them, and I am not going to cut them down, just curious is all. I am hoping that the bee's are finding the mustard bloom to be more appealing, and by the signs of a few small pieces of pollen under the hive, the mustard is in!! Cant wait till Friday, it will be my first hive inspection since installing the package last Friday!! I also walked into the fields (I own 70 acres) and it looks like the star thistle is growing nicely, i used to hate the stuff, until I got bee's!! I only have one hive right now, but plan to expand to about 10 next spring!! Love this be stuff!!

Default Re: I heard buck eye trees are poisnus to bee's, any experience?

Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

Default Re: I heard buck eye trees are poisnus to bee's, any experience?

Thank you for the link Blue sky!! Looks like I am going to get the chain saw out tomorrow and do some hackin!! I seen a few bee's on the blooms this evening. Again, thanks for the link, i really appreciate it!!....................Jason