Default New to the forum

Just a note to say hello. My family and I run a small beekeeping operation in East TN with about 80 hives. We just started selling queens this year which has been a great new experience. I have been reading through the threads for some time but thought it was a good time to get more involved, by more involved I mean ask lots and lots of questions from people with far more experience than I have.

Looking forward to this new source of information!

Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome, & be sure to check out the commercial section of the forum.
    Dan

Welcome! Bee sure to let us know what kind of queens you have for sale. You can use the "
    for sale" section.

I know you will make a proud addition to the forum.....WELCOME!!!

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Thanks for all the welcomes. I will check out the other threads and post our queens in the for sale section. Right now though it is all we can do to produce enough to supply our local beekeepers. We raise the queens out of a hive that we started our bee yard with many years ago that has now been 14 years untreated. 10 of those years it was just left in a field unatended. Gentle, good producing bees that continue to thrive without any type of treatments. We left a couple queen cells in the hive when we found them so they can requeen themselves when they see fit. We know they requeened themselves earlier this spring but we caught the swarm with the original queen and also made a split from it with a couple of the other queen cells. All three and the many queens made from this hive this year are great laying healthy queens and have made many beekeepers happy so far.