Default RV/mobile generators

I have a shiny new mobile kitchen and want to mount a quiet generator on it. Consumer Reports isn't much help as they don't rate them. I'm thinking of one in the 7500w range. It seems that Onan, Honda, and Yamaha names come up often. Any generator experts on board who can give some insight?
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Default Re: RV/mobile generators

We have Honda's here at work and they do fine, they have a quiet mode on them that make them VERY quiet.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

I have a Honda EU2000 that is very, very quiet, but of course it's not even close to 7500w. To get that many watts with the quiet Honda technology would be many thousands of dollars.

I once had an RV rated Yamaha on a job site. It was pretty quiet.
    When I sold my old 1978 motor-home I pulled out the Onan 4400w genset and mounted it on one of those flat nursery wagons with the mesh bottom. I mounted a plastic 5gal gas tank, a couple of outlets, a battery and charger. I use it for my travel trailer a/c unit or when I need power out in the yard. It pulls easy across all terrain.
    “Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end”

Dont really matter what brand you go with.........you get what you pay for, like arthur said you looking at spending some really big bucks.
    with any kind of outdoor power equipment, if you find a good deal be weary because in the long run it probably wont end up so good.
    as a small engine mechanic I see them all, but at least with really good equipment you can still get parts to fix them 5 years down the road.

Thanks. The super quiet models above 3,000 Watts are indeed going to be too expensive. Back to the drawing board...
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

All 3 names you mentioned are excellent.

There are cheap Chinese imports that might have a smaller price tag... but I have thus far been less than impressed with the durability of Chinese small engines.

Any way you slice it, a 7500 watt generator of any reasonable quality is going to cost you.