Default Bees Killing Queens ADVICE needed

2 hives were nucs now after being moved to hives been 5 1/2 weeks all the brood hatched and queens both dead. Makes no sense I took 2 swarm cells from another hive installed them. They just hatched and they were killed to. Lots of nurse bees and plenty of drones. My ? is. Should I combine these to hives and add more brood and add a new queen on Wednesday when my queens I have ordered come in? Or should I try to add frame of eggs? These bees aren't acting aggressive or strange in anyway lots of pollin and honey is building.

Default Re: Bees Killing Queens ADVICE needed

A hive that kills queens when it appears to be queenless usually has virgin queens. Can you get some open brood?

There are few solutions as universal in their application and their success than adding a frame of open brood every week for three weeks. It is a virtual panacea for any queen issues. It gives the bees the pheromones to suppress laying workers. It gives them more workers coming in during a period where there is no laying queen. It does not interfere if there is a virgin queen. It gives them the resources to rear a queen. It is virtually foolproof and does not require finding a queen or seeing eggs. If you have any issue with queenrightness, no brood, worried that there is no queen, this is the simple solution that requires no worrying, no waiting, no hoping. You just give them what they need to resolve the situation. If you have any doubts about the queenrightness of a hive, give them some open brood and sleep well. Repeat once a week for two more weeks if you still aren't sure. By then things will be fine.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Re: Bees Killing Queens ADVICE needed

Thanks alot I will do this and let you know how it turns out.