Thread: Theft of bees

Default Theft of bees

Just read this...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...es/?test=faces

The conspiracy side of me says it was the pesticide companies thwarting their research...or it could just be some bad boys trying to make up for winter losses.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Default Re: Theft of bees

I don't trust those large corporations when big money is involved. I think pesticide manufacturers will do anything to protect their capital, including ending this study.

Just my opinion.

Yep! There's always one of those big corporations or a politician behind every crime! I'll bet one of those giant megacorporate pesticide companies hired some poor, illiterate, radical Muslim taxi driver to go out and steal those 4 hives. That just sounds like something a pesticide manufacturer would get involved in.

My consperacy side says it was PETA. Those evil scientis are torturing innocent bees and they must be liberated!
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

Well, in my opinionated defense, there is this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_440073.html

One has to understand there is a difference between public relations and the ruthless grind of making profit. Oh, and I could bring many stories to the forum of unethical and criminal behavior of corporations, large and small... So I stand behind my initial "opinion".

I wonder if they might have fallen afoul of an evil meld of crop circles and chem trails and then Peta hid the equipment in the evil chemical corporations super secret place where they dump all those chemicals to kill the baby ducks and-----

Montana Power has a problem too, seems it got tangled up with Goldman Sachs. You know, that same outfit that sold mortgages then bet against it:

http://www.albany.edu/~pm157/researc...na%20Power.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by fish_stix View Post
    Yep! There's always one of those big corporations or a politician behind every crime! I'll bet one of those giant megacorporate pesticide companies hired some poor, illiterate, radical Muslim taxi driver
    Yah and I think he worked for Wal-Mart....
    Honeydew

This story may be better for some of you who create a strawman to argue with:

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...capId=46891726

Reams and reams of stories concerning corporate theft and greed. :-)

Again, no doubt whatsoever bad news concerning pesticides killing beneficial insects would be bad news for the chemical company manufacturing this poison. And it would be in the best interest of those receiving multi-million dollar bonus' to nix the study. To clarify, I didn't type that this did happen, but it certainly is probable.

It was me! The look really good in my backyard, those fancy hives and all, but I'll sell em for the right price.

Well, it sounds like whoever took them knew that they had a value over and above that of the average beehive...there are easier hives to steal, and the reports said that the thieves knew what they were doing.

Corporate espionage really happens.
    Ultimately, it's all about money.

BTW, attempting to make the other person look ridiculous does not enhance the argument of the person employing the tactic.