Default Cedar Hives through Evans

We got our Cedar Hives through Evans (An Advertiser and supporter of Beesource) and were not only impressed with the hives and price, but the customer service was the best I've ever had in anything!

I Like the Cedar as it smells great and looks even better. I don't have to hide the natural wood look under primer and paint! I got the hives, set them up and installed my bees! No Painting at all as you don't have to paint cedar hives.

I'm very impressed to this point with the product and services of Evans Cedar Hives!

Bob
    Maine Busy Bee Apiary & Family Farm
    Jay, Maine

Default Re: New cedar hives!

A link to them if anybody is interested.

http://www.evanscedarbeehives.com/

How can they sell hives so cheaply? Do you suppose the 3/4" thickness is an actual measurement? It just seems odd that you can buy a complete hive, except for the frames, for $130?!?!?!

That is a reasonable price. Cedar is great wood to work with. I made a nice cedar hive for my wife. I spar varnish the outside like furniture or marine woodwork to prevent warping and splitting. They do not seem to dent or get nicked up with a good coating either.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-12-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: advertising
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. I try to make myself as available and involved with my customers as they want me to be.

To address the questions posed by Bush84:
    I can raise the price if that makes you feel any better,
    and
    Yes, 3/4" is an accurate measurement.

Yes, I *AM* a proud advertiser and supporter of Beesource...and will continue to "bee!!!"

-Rob
    Last edited by EvansCedarBeehives; 05-15-2011 at 10:39 AM.

I have bought a number of Evans Cedar beehives and the workmanship, quality and customer service is 2nd to none...I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Yes Indeed, I ended up getting Evans' Hives last season and I love them! I have two right now that I'll be taking into my second season! Because of a planned move this spring/summer, I won't be adding to my number of hives this year, but once situated, I will surely add more Evan's Cedar Hives to my yard!

The hives are very will constructed and the customer service is unmatched in the industry!

Bob Donovan
    Maine Busy Bee Apiary & Family Farm
    Jay, Maine