Default Changing over a foundationless nuc to a regular Lang - big deal or not?

I have two packages I started out last week in foundationless nucs, mostly because open Lang hives were not available. I plan on switching them over to a regular Langstroth hive with foundation. They are for someone else, I would just keep them in all foundationless if it was up to me. Should I foresee any particular problems? Can I just transfer all the frames over directly and gradaully remove the foundationless frames over time?

Default Re: Changing over a foundationless nuc to a regular Lang - big deal or not?

That is the easiest plan. If frames are not currently full of resources, you might as well switch those frames now. You can hold on to the foundationless frames for your own use. You could also swap frames after you brush the bees off with another hive.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: Changing over a foundationless nuc to a regular Lang - big deal or not?

When I culled the original nuc comb from my hives I would move two frames to the outer walls, wait for the brood to hatch and replace them with two more while adding frames of foundation.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries