Thread: Russian queen

Default Russian queen

About a month ago my hive had a swarm and I lost my queen. I have been checking every two weeks to see if a new queen has started laying. To date I have no brood what so ever, so I'm sure that my hive is queenless. Can someone please let me know where I can buy a new Russian queen from. I live in Georgia if that matters any. Thank you.

Default Re: Russian queen

Ray Revis at http://www.revisrussians.com will have some in about 10 days, depending on the weather. He is in North Carolina and is part of the USDA Russian breeder program. His email is revisinc@charter.net.

now if you indeed are queenless for a month there will be laying workers so cage her on some comb so she will start to lay and the bees will work them selves out...be cautious on release..now if you have another hive id newspaper combine them then after queen gets there do a split...just my thoughts

Thank you for the replies. My hive is definitely queenless now. I have been trying to get a new queen, but also heard that it's too late and they've been queenless too long. At this point I'm just trying to keep the hive going.

if you have more than one hive add a frame of open brood every week for 3 weeks it will keep down laying workers and give them the resources to make a new queen till you can get a new one and requeen.