Re: Normal sting reaction?
Extreme swelling at a sting site is not an allergic reaction. It is the sign of a healthy immune system. Also, if someone is not allergic, getting a few stings here and there will help the body to desensitize.
Just a reminder that beta blocker medications can interfere with the epi pen. The apitherapist also recommended that we eat something before we sting so that may help beekeepers also. We were also cautioned not to have alcohol in our system 24 hours before or after stinging.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Anyone practicing Bee Venom Therapy should proceed at their own risk.