Default Shipping queens out of state

What kind of approvals are needed to ship queens to other states? If you have a local state inspection do other states accept this, or do you need explicit state-by-state approval?

Default Re: Shipping queens out of state

Don't know if you have read any of my posts but I cannot ship. Here you have to have a $300 queen license. It comes with the tags and all. Allegedly one can ship them anywhere with that license. What i will be doing next year.
    mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

Default Re: Shipping queens out of state

Every state has their own laws. Some have no restrictions. Most require an inspection certificate. A few require you to buy a license to sell queens in that state. That, of course, rules out small breeders like me who might only sell four or five queens in that state which would not even cover the trouble of applying for the license, let alone pay the fee for the license. You can find MOST of these laws posted on line these days under that state's web site, usually a search under "apiary" will find the answer.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF