Here's the situation: I planned to have three hives in my back yard this spring so I got my equipment, ordered two pkgs and a nuc and waited. In early April I lucked up on a swarm from unknown origins and installed it (in hive #1, tbh). Two weeks later the two pkgs arrived so I installed one (in hive #2, Lang.) and sold the other. While waiting on the nuc to arrive (delayed due to bad weather in GA), hive #1 swarmed again but I caught and installed it (in hive #3, Lang.).
I now have the three colonies I desire at my back door but still have a nuc due to arrive any day. The pkg bees installed in hive #2 are thriving and a second 8-frame medium was added on 2 May. No word yet on how hive #3 is doing, but I hope to peek in on them this weekend.
Given all this, what is wrong with incorporating frames from the 5-frame nuc when it arrives into one or both existing Langstroth hives? The nuc is supposed to contain three frames of brood and a frame or so of honey/pollen. Would you put all five frames in one hive, or split them among the two existing Langs?
In addition, I'm assuming the queen in hive #3 is the same queen which arrived with the original swarm back in early April (then installed in hive #1). If so, she might be an older queen. Would replacing her with the newly mated queen that arrives with the nuc be wise?
Am I making too many assumptions and risking too much with this idea?
Any and all suggestions welcome.