Sad I need some help please......

I need some help I have tried everything I know to get the bees to move up into my med.supers well maybe not everything hoping somebody knows something.I got 5 hives right now all of them are crowed. what I done on the 1st of march was to take one of my strong hives and I made a split. I took a sheet and shook two deep boxes into one deep with no drawn comb put a queen excluder on and two med supers oh and 1 drawn deep with queen cells,they have filled and almost capped two med supers that's great that is what I wanted .

The other split hive I put 100 hundred yards away with the old queen two deep boxes with eggs honey and pollen put two supers on top not drawn and I can not get them two move up and draw it for nothing. I have tried moving boxes putting the super above the brood.I have tried putting the med super in the middle.four of my hives they are filling the upper deep and most of the bottom leaving the queen with little space to lay.everywhere but in the med supers lol. I have also tried putting a couple of deep frames with brood in the middle of my med super to no avail.... I'm hoping someone on here can help me with this ,any and all info will be appreciated.............

Dan

Default Re: I need some help please......

If you've got a queen excluder on the other (non-drawing) colony, remove it.

Sometimes with an excluder they cap all the comb at the top of the frames. that kinda makes a no work area at the top of the box so the don't move up. Take out the excluder. Move some comb from the bottom to the next box up. The bees will follow it. Better to have the queen lay in the super than they become honey-bound and swarm because they don't have space(in their opinion).
    Or, Close off the bottom entrance and open an entrance above the excluder. That will force them to start moving through the excluder. Then after a few days open a drone opening back at the bottom.
    Or, split the two deeps and make sure both have fresh eggs.
    Old Guy in Alabama

Remove any excluders. Usually pyramiding up some brood will do the trick but it sounds like you tried that. Spray the foundation with light syrup and as noted above make them walk through it.
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

thanks for the tips guys, I'll give this a try and see what they do..

does anybody have any trouble with the bees moving though a excluder when the conb in the super is already drawn? thanks