Default How many inspections is too many?

I am new to beekeeping. For a variety of reasons I opened up one of my split hives twice this week. Now they are bearding in the front of the hive through the night, when it drops into the 40s. I would like to add a deep since it seems like they are running out of room, but I don't want to interfere with them too much. Today is going to be breezy, but sunny and nice. Do you think it is worth getting the deep on?

Default Re: How many inspections is too many?

If the temp is in the 40's they shouldn't be bearding. Give them some more room quick.

They may be building up fast. This can lead to early swarming. Check them and if you find queen cells with larva or capped, do a split and take to old queen out of the hive. Then they will think they have already swarmed. and they will continue with one of the new queens. And you have two hives.
    Old Guy in Alabama

The funny thing is that this is a split I already did last week! The first time I ever did it, so it looks like I did it wrong. I couldn't find the queen so, I am not sure if she is in the original hive or the new one. Now I don't know if I should split again or just take my chances, give them more room and see what happens. I will open up later today and see what is there.