Default Newbee at splitting

As an experiment/learning opprotunity with one of my hives i decided to try my hand at a split. I am using a double screen board to make the split. My queen is in the bottom hive body and about 4 days ago the top hive body had lots of brood and eggs. I checked it today and found these cells but im not sure if they are queen cells or drone cells. They seemed kind of small to me for queen cells but maybe thats becauce they are "emergency" queens? Any opionions on my methods or these cells?

http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m583/jayoung21/

Default Re: Newbee at splitting

Definitely queen cells!

QC's. -james

That's reassuring to know. They're just seemed smaller than any swarm cells ive seen in the past.

You should be fine they are QCs. I have made splits before by letting the bees raise there own queens and they have ended up being good queens. Give them a chance and if later on this summer you don't think they are doing good enough requeen with a queen of your choice atleast you will have you new split going by then.

A swarm cell hanging off the bottom looks bigger, and may be bigger or not. But one on the side always looks a bit smaller. Part of the cell turns the corner and goes back into the original cell.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF