Default whats up with the shipping cost?

I was on a few site looking for goods and was placin an order for some stuff the cost was about 100.00 and est. weight about at most 10lbs when completing the orde was to ship by UPS ground for 111.00 briging the total cost of my purchase to 217.00 OMG!!!
    Shame on you for jackin shipping costs! Havent they heard the post office will ship for a flat rate fee! need less to say I canceled the order! I have now gone direct to vendors and have my needs met locally!

Default Re: whats up with the shipping cost?

What were you ordering? How heavy was it? From where? and were there any chenical in the order?
    I agree on shipping charges. but rates are going up, thanks to fuel prices.

Mann Lake has FREE shipping at this time on orders over $100 but not sure for how much longer.

forrestcav is correct, the largest issue is the price of fuel....it has and will effect EVERYONE'S bottom line.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by VanBeek in MI View Post
    Mann Lake has FREE shipping at this time on orders over $100 but not sure for how much longer.
    Just made another order through Mann Lake and had free shipping but I'm not sure dealing with their website was worth the savings. I like them but my next order will be via telephone.

Quote Originally Posted by signalten View Post
    Just made another order through Mann Lake and had free shipping but I'm not sure dealing with their website was worth the savings. I like them but my next order will be via telephone.
    What was the problem with the website? I have made 4 orders in the last couple of months and everything seemed to go ok....

Quote Originally Posted by swatkins View Post
    What was the problem with the website? I have made 4 orders in the last couple of months and everything seemed to go ok....

It works, but it's slow for me. I prefer their .pdf catalog.

Not all companies have to pad their shipping costs. Not a bee-related company, but I am always amazed at the cheap shipping costs I pay for heavy items from Harbor Freight.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by swatkins View Post
    I really like Mann Lake. My issues revolve around the shopping cart portion of the site. When I advance through the cart during checkout, information disappears. My address, items from my shopping cart. Last time I ordered, I could not get through the process with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. I completed it with Google Chrome. I have used different computers and Internet connections. A couple of months ago I couldn't complete my purchase online. I called my order in and was told that they were receiving the same complaints that i was experiencing. I really like the free shipping and their service.

Works fine with Safari. I just can't get them to send tracking info, even checking the box for it. I also had an issue on my 1st 2-3 orders, where they kept shipping to my Billing address, where there is never anyone home to receive it. Everything worked out and these are minor things. All in all, i like their products and I love their free shipping.

Well I I was buying queen cups and 100 clear queen cages and a pair of sicssors and 6 sheet metal tops and a plastic grafting tool. the tops i can see being about 17.00 to ship the rest you could put in a flat rate box but 100 dollars to ship 100 dollar purchase if i wer to buy hives would cost me 200 dollars to ship for 76.00 purchase dosoent seem right. I woudnt think Dadant would be more considerate of there customers being the largest bee keeping supplier with locations all over the USA.

well I did some checking and remove all my items form the list and just kept the 6 metal covers which the cost from dadant was 46 or so dollars and the shippin they calculated to be 20.00 and est weight for each item was 3 lbs. so a total of 18 lbs, so for a queen clip, 2 marking pens 100 clear queen cages, a grafting tool, scissors, 200 wide base cell cups and a marking cage comes to over 80.00 in shipping? still seems a bit steep.