Default I guess I screwed this up

Going through one of the hives and found some capped swarm/superedure cells. The hive next to it has had a failing queen. I had just been in that hive. I looked and looked but could not find her. I did see a small area with eggs. I looked some more. No luck. My eye sight is not so good. The eggs looked to me like they were in the bottom of the cell upright. I decided to transfer a frame that had two nice capped queen cells into that hive. Cell protectors were an after thought. Have I just wasted two QCs and back to square one with that hive?
    Thanks

Default Re: I guess I screwed this up

Not necessarily, If the bees agree with you that the queen needs to be replaced, the cells might be protected.
    Although if the bees agreed with you they might have already gotten rid of her.
    Dan

I think the cells may very well emerge. If they do and there is an old queen in the hive, I think one of the virgins are all that will remain after a time.

Thanks,
    After I finished lamenting, I realized the reason for cell protectors was for a QC added to a frame. The house bees likely would perceive it as foreign and remove it. I'm optimistic.