I just installed my first package on Saturday afternoon (4/30). My mentor uses what I'll call the "controlled release method" for the queen, i.e., he doesn't remove any cork until 4 to 5 days after her cage is put in the hive, and then, on the 4th or 5th day, he goes in, makes sure the bees aren't acting aggressive toward the cage, pops the cork, puts his finger over the hole, puts the cage down, covers the hive partially (to create darkness, and so she doesn't fly away) and then waits a few minutes for her to just slip into the hive.
Now my real question. Today (Wed.) is the 4th day after installation, and I planned on doing the release after work. But it's going to be in the mid 50's here. Is that too cold for me to release her? Problem is, if I don't do it today, I won't be able to release her until Friday, because I'm traveling on business (wish I could beekeep all day, but alas). That would be 6 days. Supposed to be in the 60s then. Would that be too long for her to safely wait to be released?
Thanks in advance.