Default Greetings from Kentucky

Greetings,

My name is Christopher and I am located in Rowan County, KY. I have been lurking here for a few days and reading for the last few weeks everything I can find. I suppose I should introduce myself by now, so Greetings.

I have never had any experience with bees or the keeping there of. It is a tad bit overwhelming, the amount of information available. I am interested in starting and maintaining just 2-4 hives for self supply and pollination. Still reading and thinking (maybe somewhat to analytical).

I believe it may be getting too late in the year to get a hive situated to winter well in this area. My intention is to start fresh next year and see where it goes.

Thanks,
    Christopher

Default Re: Greetings from Kentucky

Welcome.
    Mike Forbes
    Red Dirt Apiaries

Welcome Christopher!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    I have never had any experience with bees or the keeping there of. It is a tad bit overwhelming
    I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a good source for learning more about bees and beekeeping. Check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum: it contains many useful suggestions covering the basics.

I also recommend getting involved with a local club. Clubs often offer beginner's classes, and are great places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beeks:
    http://www.kyagr.com/statevet/bees/a...tion/index.htm