Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Russell's Apiaries

He has someone else answering questions on his forum. Post there and you should get an answer.

I have received an email from Russell's
    A resolution is pending and I am confident that they will fix this problem.
    Apparently he has been ill again.
    I emailed back and told him to take care of his family and himself first
    I can wait, as long as he can assure me that he will make good on our transaction.
    I will post the result when it happens.
    Last edited by TIMER; 07-15-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: grammer

Thats more like it!
    Tim Adams
    Member of Suncoast Beekeepers

Yay, they emailed me back today. My replacement will be shipped in 2 days.
    I am glad to have resolution at last.

Thanks Russell's
    It took a bit but they proved to me that the good customer service rumors are true.

I have tried e-mail I have tried the phone.MAIL BOX IS FULL CAN'T EVEN LEAVE A MESSAGE. No response. Yesterday I get an e-mail from paypal "It just shipped" Ya right they made out the mailing slip. E-mail said the package shipped. IT WAS NOT SHIPPED. Cked with the post office several people no package. They should have told the post office. So now I have hives split waiting for queens, what a joke. I read they have shipped 200,000 maybe on paper? I want bees or a refund. The only response I have had is on their own forum telling me I have to send my name account number and phone number. This was just under my post with all info. one line above the post telling what to do. I have sent several e-mails with all that info. This really must be a bad joke. Well the joke is on me. My Name is Tony Lee

My e-mail is
    mudlake@hughes.net

Russell Ariaries phone number 601 331 3815 Try it see what you get
    Last edited by mudlake; 07-20-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: more info

Was it scanned at the sorting facility? You should have a tracking # on the email. if it was scanned it was shipped. Might be hung up in the wonderful USPS system. I have 5 queens missing right now from Russell. Tracking says it was scanned in MS and the PO is investigating the location of them.

USPS has not got a package with my number on it it was suppost to be shipped yesterday. Several post offices were involved. Tony

my cell 315-591-3900
    Last edited by mudlake; 07-20-2011 at 09:16 AM. Reason: more info

Ok this is just going too far. First of, I just pulled up your order and your "preferred" ship date is marked for the 18th, 19th. That is Monday and Tuesday of this week... but you have been publicly complaining since the 13th... your queens shipped on the exact date that you requested. The usps tracking system has its kinks. Your phone number is on the package. Have a glass of wine and a take a few deep breaths... your queens are coming just as you asked them to... if they get lost, guess what, we will send more... if the postal service gets the "from" and "to" confused and sends the queens back to us (no joke, it has happened more than once. Lol), we will send more... if the postal truck falls into a volcano, we will send more... if you get them and put them in your hives and lightning strikes the hives, we will send more... no matter what happens, you will have these queens... I'm sure you are a wonderful guy and I am in no way disputing that or trying to bash you, just please calm down. Publicly bashing us is not called for, your order has been on time, the whole time. I think you will be very happy with what you will be receiving and they will be there soon.

Robert are you supplying the wine? I like merlot:-)

I have ordered queens from 4 different suppliers this year [this week and previous with you]. NONE have arrived on time. But they have all arrived alive so far so I'm not worried. It's just that USPS is so unreliable. I'm considering using UPS next year, even though it costs more. Got 2 packages from CA last year overnight and they were here @ 4 am.

I can confirm that the USPS tracking system is "inefficient". My queen was already installed when the tracking said that they left Mississippi. The Post Office is much better at delivering things than communicating. I'm okay with that. By the way, my sunkist hive is booming.

Thank You for your response. there is nothing like knowing what is going on. Thank You again for your time Tony Lee

So I ordered 20 queens from Mr. Russell and while there was some difficulty getting in contact with them, I am more than willing to do business with them again. I happened to be in the area and was able to stop by and pick up my queens and a friends nuc. WoW the guys there were fantastic, very helpful and friendly. Mr. Russell I want to thank you for what you are doing, get well and stay well.

Jason
    "It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" Zapata

Dr. Russell,

Dont worry about folks, thats people being people. Work for the power company and go into the field during a wide spread outage and see what kind of welcome you get while your sweaty, hungry, and tired...LOL

Either way, the postal service is horrable, i have been lucky.

The 10 queens i got from you, Buckfast, SC's, and Caucasians are doing wonderful and i have been VERY pleased with the results.

Keep up the good work, keep your head down, and keep providing the product i recieved!!!!

Doug Ladd
    Central VA

I just placed my second order from R.A. and received immediate confirmation by email that my order was received, with a shipping date. Seems like there are a few more staff answering emails, and the response time has been dramatically shorter lately. Bravo! Very pleased with the service and product so far.

Folks, Dr. Russell WILL take care off you. This spring when the wheather was bad my order got out 2 days late. Russell shipped them express shipping to gurentee they didnt get stuck in the post office over the weekend. I had only paid for the priority mail. Well, the usps managed to screw that one up, it took them 5 days to get me a package that shouldve taken less than 1. Luckily only one queen arrived doa, and russell sent two more, EXPRESS mail again, at his cost.

Yes, a few folks have had issues getting their queens, once you get them they are worth every second of the wait. My bee inspector went through all my hives a few days ago, most of which have russell queens becuase I am rebuilding, and he said there wasnt a bad one out of the bunch. He also had to stop periodicly to stare to the marvel the pattern. Its cool when I beekeeper whos been keeping for 35+ years is impressed by your bees, and actually wants daughter queens. Also, might not be a big deal, but he couldn't find any mites, and I saw no big deal becuase these are first year hives.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I'm a businessman and I have been following this thread for a while now. I have to speak up for Dr. Russell. I have not used Russell Apiaries and don't "have a dog in the fight" but I may order from them after hearing how good their queens are. It is obvious that Dr. Russell has a very good product in his queens and he has spent a lot of time and research developing his product line. Companies put emphasis on what is their core expertise. In this case Russell's core expertise is apparently R&D and based upon product reviews noted above, they are very good at that.

My suggestion to customers is recognize that sometimes there just isn't a fit between customers' expectations and a vendors' business practices. To keep everybody sane somebody has to give. Harley Davidson has been successful for years even though customers stay on a waiting list for months to get one because they are Harley Davidson. Either customers need to change their expectations to match Russell's business practices or go somewhere else. There are queen breeders all over the country. The key is that when you are buying a Russell queen you are not buying a commodity.

Likewise Dr. Russell has a legal right to refuse any order. It's obvious that the demand for his product has exceeded his ability to supply and if I were Dr. Russell I would be taking notes on what is being written here and by whom and allocate production to customers who are a better fit with his business.

My queens arrived this morning, all alive. A couple of days late but no problem. Tony, did you get your queens? You should post the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bee Farm View Post
    Dr. Russell,
    Dont worry about folks, thats people being people. Work for the power company and go into the field during a wide spread outage and see what kind of welcome you get while your sweaty, hungry, and tired...LOL
    Doug Ladd
    Central VA
    I hope you come up to the North Country the next time we have an ice storm like we had back in the early ninties, was it?, or maybe 98?. Anyways, you'll see what appreciation is. Hot coffee and sandwiches. Come on in and use the facilities. I hope you have better experiences in the future. I'd hate to see your knowledge and skill go elsewhere.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Bee Daddy View Post
    Harley Davidson has been successful for years even though customers stay on a waiting list for months to get one because they are Harley Davidson.
    I think this is a bad analogy. It doesn't cost the buyer of a Harley anything if the bike is delayed for a few months. That is not the case with buying bees. One has a limited window of time to do splits/starts. The bee supply business is very much tied to a high volume of output within a limited window of time. As I read these threads and posts regarding the suppliers, it always comes down to the buyer not getting their bees on the agreed date, and lack of communication from the supplier.

As a business owner myself, there does come a time when I refuse work because I'm too busy. It doesn't matter how good your product or work skill is, if you don't stay in contact with your customer, the bitter taste that's left is what they remember. It doesn't appear that suppliers are lacking in the 'quality product' department, so focusing on the customer service might be a good business plan.
    Regards, Barry

I have never tried one of Russell's queens before but what does he do in his production of these queens that makes them so superior? Is it just more active selection than other breeders, better queen rearing conditions, etc? Not that I am looking for him to give up any "secrets" but everyone on this site has had great things to say about the queens. It is nice to see. Just curious.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast