Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell's Apiaries

Dr Russell
    Thanks for the queens my partner and i got they were in great shape and all in hives i am going to check on the caucasian queen tomarrow and see how she is doing hope they took to her will you have any queens for sale in august if so i i have three more hive to requeen.

Thomas

Let me remind members that this is not the place to be discussing beekeeping problems or techniques.
    Regards, Barry

[QUOTE=rrussell6870;683085]Apple farmer, what happened to your queens? We stand behind every queen that we produce.

Really? Last week I had 2 queens arrive from Russell's 1/2 the attendants were dead with 1 queen, with the other everything was fine. I hived them instantly. The next day in the queen cage that had the dead attendants the queen was dead and only 2 attendants remained. The other queen and all attendants were alive and were being accepted already.

I emailed Russells that afternoon to let them know what happened and even offered to just buy a replacement queen if they wouldn't replace her. Now 7 days later, no reply to the email.

Its all well and good to say you stand behind your queens, but if no one answers the phone or email, making a statement like that is to me very misleading.

jupiterx

Your not in that boat alone! I sent 3 e-mails and still haven't gotten an answer. Lost 4 SunKist.
    "Can't never did do nothin'" Grandma Heltsley

You have to give them time to respond to you. They are all work-a-hollics there, but there are only so many hours in a day and more emails than you can imagine. They will get to you when they can, and I know for a fact that they replace queens that they shouldnt have to, but do anyway out of pure kindness. You will find that out soon.

What is the secret to find out if they got your order not just your money. With no response not even "reply to sender". I know that 45 days doesn't mean to much to the keeps in the south, but that is half of our season. Won't answer the phone or e-mail. No response is not any way to work. How about a "reply to sender". How about anything? Tony

The only secret to knowing anything, us your money comes right out of your account. And I mean right out. It took persistent calling and writing. I even got to the point of demanding my money back. My order was placed on 4/19. It arrived on 7/2. Way too long for my comfort. Bees made thier own queen and she was laying long before my order arrived. Not sure I would order queens again

what do you expect, mail order queens. You put in an order, and bam they come. I think their website automaticlaly takes out the money.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I ordered just as Dr Russell told me to. I have tried contacting by e-mail as he said to. Name order number phone paypal number. Tony

I to seem to be on the refund waiting list
    I've been very polite and patient so far.
    However, it only took seconds for them to take my money.
    It is taking much, much longer to get it back.
    I've sent emails, private messages, called.
    I know they have had a tough year, it happens to everyone.
    If I was down there I would do anything I could to help.
    Please, just let me know that I will get a refund at some point

Just as GPP said your money is taken through paypal. So it's an automatic transaction that requires no one to operate it also send an automatic response giving you your receipt number to let you know they received your order. No, Robert was not prepared for the giant flow of orders, he's been used to dealing with greater numbers of queens going out in less orders. I have done my best to help out this summer on and off with emails as well as with beekeeping. Russell tries to answer the beekeeping questions that he receives CONSTANTLY and few understand how many are received and answered everyday as well as operating the company ie. managing their hives, producing queens, producing packages, producing nucs, and all the studies that they do to make beekeeping better for all of us. Keep in mind he has a wife and 3 young children as well. He has been very ill but has still been in the bees everyday, he has a very competent staff both in the office and and in the field. If you are waiting on a replacement queens you should know that there are MANY people that have had theirs replaced when there was no reason to (imo) as in people saying they released their queen into hives where they didn't find the old queen, had cells, or laying workers but he still says send them replacement queens even though it was obviously their fault not his. This just goes to show that his replacement policies are above and beyond any one elses. You will get your queens replaced. They are not a 24/7 company so if you send an email on Fri night dont freak out bc you didnt receive a response by mon. Do you want great queens or do you want an answer to where your order is immediately? Also on the website the day you request to receive your queens is a tenative ship date. This isnt walmart. They may ship a ton of queens but they are high quality not made in china and will fall apart immediately kind of product or sitting on a shelf waiting on someone to grab them and toss em in a box the second you order. Russell Apiaries has amazing queens and that has and always will be their main concern. I have had nothing but good experience with Russell he has taught me a ton about bees as well as tried to help me when the beetles started taking over my hives.
    Last edited by TwinkieBee; 07-14-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Here's my story.
    On 2/2/2011 I ordered and payed (paypal) for 12 queens. These were to ship on April 18, Dr Russell informed me that the 2 AMM I ordered would not be ready till late May. We agreed to make 2 shipments one April 18 and the other for late May. The next week (2/9/2011) I ordered 1 more queen for the April 18 shipment. Dr Russell and I exchanged email a few times and all was well. April 18 came and no queens so on April 21 I ask about my queens on Russell forum and was told about the weather problems, this was after I email and called but no answer or response. He did respond on the forum that the AMM wouldn't be ready till late May and the Sunkist were delayed and "hang in there". I told him I understood that the AMM would be late May and to ship the other queens as soon as he could. So I waited... on May 22 I ask again on the forum about my order. This time no response to my question and no answer to emails or phone calls. So on June 1 I posted on the forum to cancel my order, I also sent a email and sent a PM to Dr. Russell to cancel. I haven't heard anything from anyone or have I got my money back from Paypal. I don't know about you but I can't run my business that way or I wouldn't have a business. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to some of his stock in my apiary.
    Tim Adams
    Member of Suncoast Beekeepers

Thumbs Up Good experience

I ordered 6 queens on July 3rd. Did not receive any confirmation or response to my couple emails. Pm'ed Dr Russell here on beesource and received an answer that they'll be delayed by a day or so. I had asked for July 11th shipment. I received the queens today alive and well. One of the cages had a few dead workers but the rest are looking good. This is the second time I ordered and received queens on time this year. I would definitely buy again although I agree response time can use some attention.
    There is no greater satisfaction than the satisfaction of a job well done.

Default Re: Good experience

What kind of queens did you order balhanapi? I'm curious as I ordered Cordovan Sunkist on 6/24/2011 and nothing yet.

Guess I'll PM him and see if he has any idea when they will ship.

Pugs

Pugs

Default Re: Good experience

I ordered sunkist not cordovan colored and 2 VSH queens.
    There is no greater satisfaction than the satisfaction of a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkieBee View Post
    Russell tries to answer the beekeeping questions that he receives CONSTANTLY and few understand how many are received and answered everyday as well as operating the company ie. managing their hives, producing queens, producing packages, producing nucs, and all the studies that they do to make beekeeping better for all of us.
    Just a thought, with members complaining about not receiving any email or phone call replies or confirmations for weeks/months, perhaps spending less time answering beekeeping questions on the forum and more of that time spent replying to customers would be time better spent. I know when my work gets busy, I have less time to be involved in other things and have to give more attention to my customers. I noticed he had time to reply to a couple of posts here today.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-15-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: additional content
    Regards, Barry

Barry
    My thoughts exactly!
    Tim Adams
    Member of Suncoast Beekeepers

I enjoy Dr. Russell's posts.

He needs to hire a 'Linda' to handle customer sevice.

Or, he could hire 'Peggy'.

I PMed him and got a response the next day.

Pugs

That's great, but it appears that not everyone gets such fast response.
    Regards, Barry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast